Please help a n00b with Roon Server on Fedore 36

And one of my fav live albums is “Made in Japan”. I saw Deep Purple on the Come Taste the Band tour with Tommy Bolin. My ears rang for a week after that show.

1 Like

I had the same experience with Whitesnake in Scandinavium Arena in Gothenburg, Sweden. Cozy Powell, and John Sykes competing who could play the loudest … The SQ sucked, the guitar looped in feed back all the time, just screaming and the only decent moment was when the band went off stage and left Jon Lord //“spreading his Organ all over the stage” //quote, David Coverdale. :sweat_smile:
Today I am not so amused over the insane sound pressure, I think they destroyed some upper midrange hearing in the left ear. Today the law is strict about max sound pressure and I also in addition have ear plugs for musicians that are much more frequency flat in the damping, compared to the normal plugs.
Those were the glory days. Happy I saw the Deep Purple reunion tour, twice actually, Perfect Stranger, but Ian had lost some of his magnificent voice in 1986 and could no longer take those hillarious high pitched screams as in Child in Time. One could easily see that just the sheer effort in his trials was painful. He is always fun to see, though. He’s got a great sense of humour on stage. :upside_down_face: