Please help me verify my NUC7i5BNH purchase

In the Knowledge Base of the ROCK i only read about recommendations for NUC i7 (large & medium libraries) and NUC i3 (small libraries).

I thought about purchasing a NUC7 i5 BNH and asked myself why there is no recommendation and components for the NUC i5. Is there someting wrong with the i5?

It would be so helpful if someone could make a check on the components i am planing to buy:

1.) INTEL NUC BOXNUC7I5BNH

2.) Transcend MTS400 M.2 SSD 128GB SATA III, MLC

View

3.) Crucial CT2K4G4SFS8213 (8GB Kit, 4GB x 2, DDR4 2133 MT/s (PC4-17000) SODIMM 260-Pin)

View

Can you please tell me if these components work fine with the ROCK or should i take other components?

Thank you so much!

Best Regards

Gerald

Nothing wrong with the i5 – I think it’s the best of the bunch (low-powered, silent yet powerful). Upsampling to high DSD rates (think 512 or multiple streams) could be critical, as would large libraries (think, arbitrarily, 150.000+ tracks).

If the above does not apply, your component list looks fine. I’ve been running a 6th gen NUCi5 for about 1,5 years now and couldn’t be happier. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m also running the 7th gen i5 for the reasons mentioned above - no problems to report. As a point of reference, upsampling to 192KHz from 44.1 runs @ somewhere between 12x and 16x (as shown on signal path) on a single zone.