Please kill Roon startup screen

I like the Roon logo and quote, but would like to be able to click to make it disappear after I finish reading it. I have an older, slower MacBook Pro running Roon Remote. The splash screen does sit there for a while and it blocks whatever else I’m trying to look at while Roon is starting up.

If Roon decided to no longer use quotes, I would not shed a tear.

Nice tweak @Mike_Dubois but a bit of a missed opportunity…how about some old Zippy fortunes: “YOW! Are we STREAMING yet??”

2 Likes

Hmm, I never see the startup because I never shut anything down…

5 Likes

Exactamente. (Must be 10 characters…)

I like the startup screen. Please do not kill it.

3 Likes

Making it an option is of course ok, but I like the startup screen. I can not understand the objections some have against it.

2 Likes

As others have stated, and I have as well, the primary objection is that it renders a large portion of the screen totally unusable until the app finishes fully launching. Fix that and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

The splash screen is fine but I don’t want it staying at the front until loading is finished. The quotes are unnecessary. I use Roon to play music, not to seek philosophy.

2 Likes

I like it.

I do, too.

I like it as is.

1 Like

I do, too.

1 Like

Me as well

Options!

10 chars

1 Like

If you SymLink your quotes DB to a file in your Dropbox folder and then share the Dropbox link with us, we can update it regularly for you. I am sure that you would be most pleased with the results.
Dare ya!

Splash quotes are gone before I have time to read them so it’s annoying.

Dare me you say. I wonder what these Quotes will end up saying _)(^*^$… :goggles:

Almost tempted, but I will digress.

I made a simple .bat file that renames the original file and then copies the edited file to replace it. 2 seconds tops.

However I really drag my feet with these updates. It is usalllly only about once a year, two tops that I will do a update. I am not a fan of their update pocress. They make it very difficult to revert back if the update does not act well or there is issues with it.

If it is working I leave it alone. There has to be something like for example MQA, Chromecast or say a different .number (1.4 to 1.5) for me to update. Build numbers do not justify unless like I mentioned with MQA etc.

One hack that I am trying to figure out is how to get rid of that dog gone “Update Available” every time I start Roon. That is such an aggravating feature for me.

–MD

1 Like

Turn off auto updates in settings -> about

I thought that at one time I had selected not to update. Upon reading your reply I went to about to follow your instructions and I cannot see where to turn this off.

I get 3 options

• Automatically install all updates
  • Automatically install bugfix and other minor updates
  • Ask before downloading any updates

Am I missing something here? None say - Turn Off Updates

Every time I launch Roon, I have to close (x out) Update Available.

Thanks
–MD

@danny

If I remember correctly now that I have thought about it, I believe that with the introduction of 1.5 that update feature to disable was removed. This was also the same time that the Update Available starting showing up upon starting Roon.

–MD