Please make "Popular" collapsible

I vote to remove/hide. Roon has made it harder to find albums for me. That’s bad UI.

2 Likes

Yes, would love this removed. To me this is pretty much pointless.

2 Likes

1+
I vote to remove/hide

2 Likes

Wasn’t it something like ‘Top Tracks’ in 1.7 and it was collapsable?

I have no idea why it has become a fixed feature. Someone somewhere thinks it has merit being permanently front and centre. Sadly, I can’t agree.

1 Like

Yes it was collapsiple but it still took some space. It would be much better if it can be removed completely. Artist page would be much better without it.

4 Likes

One should ideally be able to turn these things off like widgets … you choose and place the ones you want in the order you’d like them. Would also reduce lag when turned off because the data needn’t be fetched from Roon’s cloud infrastructure.

7 Likes

I agree that popular should be hidden (or go away altogether). My workaround has been to train my muscle memory to just automatically go to the discography tab at the top first thing - no scrolling allowed!

4 Likes

I too would like this to be collapsible as it was in 1.7.

.sjb

3 Likes

As per Charles I just go right to discography tab and be done with it.

1 Like

Yes please, popular tracks should be collapsible or, even better, completely removable. Same for concert listings.

5 Likes

I vote for this as well (or even an option to hide/remove it altogether)

3 Likes

Agreed, this functionality needs to be restored to 1.8

1 Like

This is actually something that frustrates more and more everyday. Every time artist is opened information that is never used populates space that should filled with library albums.

Best would be to remove it (with setting), maybe it would also make artist open faster (if tidal/qobuz is slow).

8 Likes

+1. Remove. Please.

2 Likes

At the very least, please move it to below the album section. There are times when it causes a noticeable lag in loading the page, so load the albums first, then trawl for qobuz/tidal/other data and populate it after loading the rest of the data for the page.

1 Like

Remove Popular. Remove Top. Remove Notable.

Complete subjective nonsense. Best provide an option to switch off all that „AI“ BS.

3 Likes

Hm, “be done with it” does not fit for me. What you describe is a workaround, not a solution.

To have it removable in the settings would be “being done with it” for me. :wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely, this is my #1 issue with roon right now. Please either remove the intrusive “popular” track list or demote it to much further down the page.

The recent update to switch it between “popular” or “my library” really doesn’t help imho. It’s just getting in the way of the info I actually want to see (albums).

4 Likes

Please make Popular removeable or collapsible. I do not use the feature and find it quite annoying. I’m usually playing a whole release or my own favorites (which are not often “popular”).
The feature is really annoying when I have only one release from an artist.
Thanks for the consistent updates to improve the functionality of 1.8.

4 Likes

+1 removable

2 Likes