Please make "Popular" collapsible

Please allow setting to remove popular tracks and recommended albums from artist overview. At least for me those are completely useless and takes space from most important things, albums.

Many times it also takes couple seconds for those to load and makes user experience not that great… (this has happened more lately and that is why asking this again)

1 Like

+1 removable

Or at least put the albums in my library on top. :+1:

1 Like

Or just ignore all of the above and make all the pages fully customizable by allowing show/hide/delete/collapse/expand/move up/move down/move left/move right for each and every present, past or future section!

They won’t do that, unfortunately.

I would rather it default to Discography. I don’t use nor do I like the ‘look’ of the tiny icons in the Popular view.

1 Like

Which part? Ignoring or customizing? :rofl:

Both :wink:

Yes, having the artist discography and overview together as the main view when clicking through would have been to me the obvious choice, and then the popular, related, drinks coffee together, same hometown etc etc etc stuff as an optional view.

Roon to me is first and foremost an album based management system, so for me, and I won’t speak for others, I would never divorce an artist from their complete albums, except of course tracks in a purpose made playlist mix of other artists. I don’t even glance at the popularity contest and always go straight to discography. Just one more unnecessary click among many others I guess. I’ll live.

1 Like

Another request to make every page fully customisable. As with the now playing page, a drop down menu to select what is visible and in what order shown. Anything visible should also be collapsible. Any item in the invisible or collapsed state should not request cloud data until made visible, thereby not delaying the rest of the page items from showing.

2 Likes

+1. Remove. Please.
It is useless.

"What determines “popularity”?
:grinning:

I only have a “locale” library.
In this case “polular” shows a selection of the songs from my albums / artists. It gets really fun when you only have one album by one artist. Then I see 6 tracks from this album as a “recommendation” and then the album itself.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
It is total nonsense! - But they won’t change it because Ronn hasn’t had the customer in focus for a long time, unfortunately

2 Likes

Please remove the “popular” tracks and please also remove the “albums for fans of…” and please remove or at least hide away at the bottom of the page all the recommendation that don’t make any sense at all. I am totally not interested in the “poulare” albums of an artist, I just want to see the whole discography. Fine if you metion popularity there but don’t hide the other albums in the first view. I have pretty much lost interest in Roon completely since the 1.8 version update. It simply does not feel like my own music collection anymore, it is all spam.The whole Valence feature is way too prominent. I only use it for background radio nowadays, not for playing my own collection. The whole interface has become as blurred as all other streaming services interfaces. I really hoped Roon was different but in the end it has become just more of the same. I’ll check back when version 1.9 arrives. I really really hope that 1.8 was just a show off of what Valence can do and hope it will be implemented in a way less intrusive way in version 1.9.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t care what songs are “popular”. I just want to quickly access the albums in my collection. I don’t want to stare at a spinner on my way there… Every freaking time I go to the artist page.

1 Like

Yes, please make this removable. I really don’t need to know what is ‘popular’. I am simply not interested.

1 Like

Per-artist level customization would be the perfect solutions for all scenarios, so no one would complain about seeing too much, too little, or wanting to remove everything.