Poor evaluation of metadata

Chick Corea’s early album, Tones for Joan’s Bones, was later released paired with his Mountain in the Clouds. Aside from Corea, of course, the personnel on the two albums do not overlap. Yet roon accepts the metadata from the paired release, even though I only have the four tracks that are on the original release of Tones. Musicbrainz has both releases properly documented. So the question for roon is why its algorithm would take data from a release with 10 tracks when the album I have has only 4 tracks and when metadata for that 4 track release is easily available from the same source as the 10 track release. And yes, it is identified and worse, when I re-identify and specifically select just the four track release - I still get the metadata for the 10 track double release.

And now I see that I should be blaming the rovi/allmusic folks for this as they have inexplicably added the personnel for Mountains in the Clouds to the credits for the original Tones album (and they have actually made a hash of that)…