Poor Reliability of Nucleus, Roon Hardware

Roon hardware’s quality and reliability are horrendous. My Nucleus Plus bricked after a Roon software update 2 weeks past the 2 year warranty. The unit is placed in an A/V rack with good ventilation and clean power supply. The motherboard had to be replaced. Roon gave me a discount but still cost $500 to replace the board, and my dealer charged $200 for tech supports.

The replacement board bricked after 20 months, also after a Roon update. I’ve asked their tech support to escalate to their top management. They only gave me lip service, told me that’s within “industry standard”, and no special considerations for such premature failures under normal use. Roon charged $800 + tax to replace the motherboard. 2 motherboard failures in less than 4 years! To add insult to injury, they announced a $500 Nucleus One after I got my Nucleus Plus back from Roon that’s cheaper than repairing the Nucleus+. I truly regret purchasing hardware from Roon.

1 Like

It’s experiences like this, and not the first I’ve heard, that would make me hesitate to buy a Nucleus. I get it, products fail sometimes, but how a company handles such situations says a lot.

Since your post is feedback on your experience of Nucleus, I’ve moved it to the Feedback category of the forum. Roon Labs read all the posts in this category. Sorry that your experience has not been good, but thank you for giving it as feedback.