Pop noises on Node 2i

I appear to be having the same issue. Only on the first 30 seconds of play. Pops like a record. Node2i and direct stream DAC via Ethernet. Just started a few weeks ago. Prior no issue. Happens on Qobuz and off my NAS. Perhaps new Roon version?

Hello @Peter_Schwartzman,
So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thank you Nuwriy, I am running the following:

• I7 NUC (model NUC7i7BNH) 8GB
  • ROCK OS (not sure which version, is there a way to find out without hooking up a monitor?)
  • Synology NAS
  • Two endpoints: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC and Node 2i
  • PS Audio connected by ethernet with a TPLink optical run within the cabled ethernet run, connected directly to wifi router
  • Node 2i connected by cabled ethernet, with switch in between router and endpoint. Supplies digital to Electrocompaniet DAC via coax.
  • HDFlex linear power supply supplying NUC, router, cable modem (but not switch or NAS)

The thing is that I never had a problem with either of these two setups until around a month ago, and then I started getting these “pops” which actually sound like momentary displacements of the continuous music stream. This seems to happen when I source from Qobuz streaming and from the NAS. And it does not happen when I play the exact same tracks using the BluOS on my Node2i.

Thanks in advance for your consideration. Best, Peter

I had the same with mine without changes to my setup.
It was connected with S/PIDF, just as yours, to my Hegel H390 and had pops and screech noises.
Then i tried a RoPieee with USB and that works like a charm, have this solution in my current setup.

After this i tested and still testing the Node 2i with headphones and it is absolutely without glitches and pops

I have no problems with my network and the RoPiee, so it must be the node and the S/PDIF connection.

Interesting. My issue also occurs with my Direct Stream DAC by PS Audio. A bit more info…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.