Port forwarding assistance

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini M1 16gb
1tb SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus RT-AX86U
Nord VPN (turned off while troubleshooting)

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    Aussie broadband
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    RT-AX86U
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    No
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    Nord VPN, on computer level, turned off.

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LS50W
Apple HomePod mini

Description of Issue -

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“185.ggg.hhh.iii”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

That is not my external IP. I turned off NAT/PNP and set up port forwarding but get nothing. Additionally, through searching I thought the issue may be related to CGNAT, which I have requested the ISP to disable.

Hi @bluhska,

I don’t know if i understand it correctly, but did you call you ISP to ask if the have CGNAT implemented and did they give you a public IP?

If the provided you with a public IP, try the steps below.

1. In the Roon App under Settings → Roon Arc and write down the IP Address and port number.
  2. Check below video on how to do a port forwarding for your router.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

1 Like

Hi @bluhska,

Most Aussie Broadband users on this forum have been able to disable CG-NAT by request as you’ve mentioned. Here’s an example from another ASUS/Aussie Broadband user: ARC not connecting to core on Asus RT-AC86U router - #17 by Jezep. You likely won’t even have to request a routable IPv4 address.

If the 504 timeout diagnostic persists after they’ve freed up your account, please let us know, and we’ll troubleshoot for another network issue.

Thanks for the replies!

did they give you a public IP?

No. Should I have asked for one? It will be different to the IP presented in my router software?

Here’s an example from another ASUS/Aussie Broadband user

Okay cool, I’ll give this a go this evening

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.