Port Forwarding Issue for Roon ARC on Meraki (ref#NJ84Q4)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· I use a single personal router not provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

·
Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
ARC is still *Not Ready*

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

Port forwarding on Meraki not working Roon ARC

Describe your network setup

ISP: sbcglobal.net - ATT Fiber
Firewall: Meraki MX 67
Switch: Ruckus
Roon Server: Mac mini Intel i5
Ethernet with a static IP
Port forwarding in Meraki
(tried default and several ports)

{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"107.aaa.bbb.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"}
}

More info:
ROON Mini is whitelisted in the Meraki

Hi @Ian_Weiss,

We’ll do our best to assist with this topology. Cisco-grade network management is outside the official scope of support, but there’s possibly another blockage in the setup.

What is the router involved in your fiber connection - is there an AT7T gateway upstream of the main router? If so, have you Bridged that router?

What is the make of the Ruckus switch involved?

We’ll follow up from there once we know more. Thank you!

What is the router involved in your fiber connection - is there an AT7T gateway upstream of the main router? If so, have you Bridged that router?

Yes it is bridged

Ruckus ICX 7150-48P

Connor,
Please answer, I have responded to your questions.

Port forwarding on Meraki not working Roon ARC

ROON Mini is whitelisted in the Meraki

Yes it is bridged

Ruckus ICX 7150-48P

Thank you,

Ian

Please offer me a status update regarding my request? My response is 13 days old.

Hello @Ian_Weiss ,

Apologies for the slow response here.

This appears to be a managed switch, so it might be causing some issue here if the firewall is blocking Roon. Also, according to our diagnostics system, it looks like your Mac has IPs on two subnets, .0.XYZ and .1.XYZ subnets. If you temporarily disable one of the network interfaces, does that change anything?

I will also mention that one other solution that users with complex network setups have used is called Tailscale. If you’d like to learn more about this, please see: