Possibility to play from my Roon-Server to my offsite SONOS system

I am using Roon now for around two years and I am very happy.
I have my NUC in a AKASA housing. All perfect.

But what I am still missing is the possibility to play from my Roon-Server to my SONOS offsite in our holiday home even if the two networks are connected with VPN.

Is there or will there be a solution?

If you use iPhone then use ARC and AirPlay to the Sonos. If not then you would need to setup a vpn at home and bridge networks this isn’t officially supported so on your own. Plenty info in the tinkering section you likely need a UDP proxy to allow multicast discovery to work as it doesn’t over vpn without a lot of tweaking.

I tried that in the beginning. No success.
I am using Android.
Do not understand why that is not implemented.
Therefore I still have to run PLEX but not happy with that solution.

Why what is not implemented? Roon is for playback in one location your home its never been designed for multiple locations as this doesnt work for its discovery protocols they are tied to local networks like all these type of systems. ARC is the solution for out of the house. How do you get Plex to stream to the Sonos over VPN? Sonos doesnt work well over subnets and PlexAmp onky works with Airplay on iOS.

There is a service “PLEX” in the SONOS App which can be installed and plays not bad over the internet even without VPN.
I am only struggeling with “Double NAT” as I have a router with DSL and LTE. Still waiting for fibre which will be available mid 2026 only.

Interesting didn’t know that existed and have both Plex and Sonos.