Power status icon in Roon iPad app doesn't reflect Standby state for Meridian 218

I’m checking if anyone else has seen this. For my ID41, Roon on the iPad correctly reflects whether it is powered on (purple) or in Standby (red). For my 218, the power status icon is always purple, even when I know for a fact the 218 is in Standby.

Anybody here with a 218 that can confirm what they are seeing?

In Roon on the iPad I see a purple icon for the 218, while Meridian Control shows it’s in Standby.

I have just put my 218 on standby using Meridian Control, and the purple icon on my iPad turns red.

This is the first time I have realised that you can put the 218 on standby. I’ve never bothered before.

Go figure! Glad I was able to help with that :slight_smile: I imagine you don’t have Meridian DSPs connected to this 218 then?

218 is connected to DSP 3200s.

What’s the purpose of standby? I can’t imagine the 218 draws much current when not running.

Turning off the 218 puts the DSP active speakers into standby too.

Thanks! I’ll start doing that then :slightly_smiling_face:

Right, exactly what @joel says. Putting the DSPs in standby will dim the lights on the back slightly, the cooling fins on the back will be less warm to the touch, and it should save on your electricity bill.

FWIW, when I put the 218 in standby, my DSPs go in standby mode as well. It’s just the icon in the Roon iPad app that doesn’t reflect it. :man_shrugging:t2: