Power supply recommendation for my tooth brush

Hi all,

I have an oral B / Braun electric toothbrush.
I have been noticing that it doesn’t sound as powerful when I have been cleaning my teeth and my teeth sometimes don’t have that beautiful shine that I come to expect when I look in the mirror each morning.
I’m wondering whether a better power supply might improve matters as currently I’m just using the power supply that came with the product.

Has anyone had any success with aftermarket power supplies with the electric toothbrushes?

.sjb

25 Likes

I believe that clean power is needed for clean, bright and shiny teeth. As most clean power is provided by batteries, try adding more/stronger batteries?

I was also wondering lately how the way power and batteries are produced (ecological foot print) may have an influence too. Maybe we need more green power (climate compensated batteries ftw) instead for better results?

3 Likes

Have you tried replacing the brush head John?

2 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t bring your non-audiophile toothbrush anywhere near your audiophile router. We don’t want plaque getting between the ones and zeroes!

6 Likes

Who would have thought?

2 Likes

John, it’s obvious. You need a PS Audio Powerplant 3 to convert the mains to DC and then regenerate it to AC to get optimally ordered electrons to charge your toothbrush battery and give a perfect shine to your pearly whites.

10 Likes

… but what if I want those blacker blacks, everyone is talking about?

5 Likes

Then you need to quit brushing and adopt a strict diet of espresso, red wine and Cuban cigars…

9 Likes

While a 240 V source may help. I recommend you find a 3 phase 440 V source. Wrap one hot around you waist (insulation removed. Wrap the other hot around the toothbrush from end to end (insulation removed). This will deliver the white you are looking for in just a few minutes of brushing. See ya soon.

6 Likes

Chewing tobacco and black licorice. Nothing quicker.

3 Likes

Definitely not a linear power supply. Rather, a circular power supply. Because the best pace, rhythm, and timing comes from circular brushing.

And a power supply with a lithium ion battery. While not fluoride, lithium and fluoride do share some chemical properties, as they are from the same Period 2 on the periodic table. Feed your enamel with that clean ionic goodness.

AJ

10 Likes

You just need a well designed electric toothbrush that is immune to crappy power. But do not trust the marketing, you need to blind test them. So take at least 2 snakes, blind them, and wash them. One snake will ask you “what kind of toothpaste you use?” and the other will just try to bite you. I have done that again and again and always the blue toothbrush has better power.

12 Likes

I’m a dentist, and I’ve always found that the gentle stroking action from my right hand used manually is much more preferable to the vibrations from an electric device :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Martin,

You really need to add a bit more context to your post :rofl:

4 Likes

And your left hand? (Asking for a friend)

3 Likes

Always useful to catch spurts of toothpaste :tooth:

2 Likes

Analogue rather than digital then…,

3 Likes

We seem to be getting off (yep) the OP’s very important topic of tooth brush power supplies. Please, people, be serious!

3 Likes

How can we be serious on a Friday afternoon?? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My bad. Sorry

2 Likes