Power supply recommendation for my tooth brush

Go wireless

Have you stumbled into the wrong forum by chance ?

I’m sure there are plenty of health and beaty forums for you

Retire the brush – the best way to get anything clean is to use ultrasonics.

4 Likes

I found with my Oral B, adding an audiophile power cable (this requires some soldering with WBT silver solder) and then using cable lifters makes an enormous difference. Your teeth will be cleaner, brighter and your food will have more spaciousness to the taste.

Don’t forget to do a seperate power run to the toothbrush and carefully adjust the angle of your brushing. For best results use 2 toothbrushes.

5 Likes

I’d go back to a manual brush…more analogue.

3 Likes

You need a 200-dollar fuse in a linear power supply, if the word graphene is used anywhere in either product’s literature then you know it’s worth ten times what the toothbrush cost.

Pay no mind to my formal training in electronics and my knowledge of exactly what electrons do and how they behave, we can throw all that away and assume that electrons remember that they have been through a nice fuse and linear power supply and they thank you for taking them on a scenic drive and decided that you deserve your toothbrush to sound powerful because you were so nice to these underappreciated electrons jumping atom to atom at the exact same speed day in and day out and always taking the path of least resistance.

Forget that switching power supply that can respond faster with more current on-demand for longer duration and do so far more efficiently than a beloved linear power supply could ever do because it has been said so by many people who know little about electronics who review audio and stuff that linear power supplies are better. Never go with science, go with emotion and money. You’ll feel better about it if you spend more even if it switches at 60hz where you CAN hear it and think of what you can do with all that wasted energy in the form of heat rather than powering your toothbrush. Bathrooms can be very cold in the morning you know so wasted energy is a good thing, right?

4 Likes

I am astonished by the number of people who allowed this to fly right over their heads.

Oh back to the fun, I forget to mention bi-wiring your toothbrush, and if you draw a ring around the body in a green felt pen, it will absorb spurious reflections for a smoother experience.

3 Likes

The Grado is better at removing plaque but the Ortofon is a bit easier on the gums.

2 Likes

I’m considering re-purposing my Naim Armageddon, as I rarely use my LP12. The trick will be to pair it with a Burndy which generates plenty of white noise. Up to now I have been chasing an inky blackness in the sound, but teeth are a different kettle of fish.

1 Like

An alternative to the weak toothbrush you use would be this one, for real men:

Maybe it hurts a little bit now and then when cleaning your teeth, but we come all soon to the age that we practically can take out our teeth to clean them and then this is no longer a problem.

5 Likes

Would-be better set to just hammer rather than drill/hammer when tacking those pesky tartar build ups.

2 Likes

I’m guessing it has a larger sweet spot…

2 Likes

6 Likes