Primary Version - Prefer FLAC over MQA option

Yep, that’s the idea. Just like when I use apps on my phone, Spofity and Tidal, I can set them to lower bandwidth/quality when on cellular vs. wifi and at will on either connection. That is what I’d like in Roon.

I often listen using Roon on cheap bluetooth headphones via my iPhone in the back yard garden. I don’t need even FLAC let alone better for this use. 320kbps would be more than sufficient and would preserve my data cap for other uses.

I only have 1TB/month which seems like a lot but isn’t with Netflix, security cameras, IoT devices, numerous phones and tablets, oh my. My ISP will allow higher data rates but all with the same data cap. One can pay $30/month for 50GB additional that doesn’t roll over, or $50/month additional for unlimited. This is on top of the base ~100Mbps down/~10Mbps up at $85/month. Overage is charged at $10 per 10GB over the cap.

I’m just asking for the flexibility to make the choice. I don’t do religious wars, nor do I care what others listen to or the format. I should update the original post to include my bandwidth wishes as I don’t believe i stated them…

Comparison is the thief of joy!

2 Likes