got some albums from Russell Allen & Jørn Lande
Since I tagged them Jorn… (watch the differnt ‘o’ since easier to be reached from my keyboad I was happy to see that roon corrected that.
Unfortunately it didn’t on all their albums.
I then thought, no problem, there’s album … edit … edit album
But i was wrong. The problem I did run into was that I found not a single place inside roon which would have allowed me to simply select the termn ‘Jørn’ so that I could have pasted that into the section where it was spelled wrong.
All what worked was raising a browser using google, typing in Jorn Lande and then I was able to copy&paste it.
Any idea if there’s a place one could not only select a term/link which then leads to somewhere else but to select the textual content displayed?
I agree wholeheartedly, Stefan, it’s virtually impossible to copy and paste.
Being able to do so would open up lots of ways to explore the rich metadata that was a primary selling point of Roon. Make a feature request, then make a concoction of turkey feet, frog innards, and cardamom, stir briskly, sip, and pray to the Gods of Music. Then wait.
u_gee, that doesn’t say much about licenses between Tivo and Roon which prohibits Roon from making material non-copyable. There are generic restrictions about wholesale copying, and then there’s the Fair Use Doctrine.
If you find anything further from your research, let me know. I do not think making composer names, album names, artist names, dates, locations et. al. is restricted at all. More of a programming convenience methinks.
I looked it up today for another topic regarding tag export.
While I don’t know what is agreed upon between Roon and R1, I think it’s safe to assume when the end user is not allowed to use anything else than “Core Data” the software shall not easily expose “non-Core Data” to the end-user. Of course it could be just a design oversight to not allow copy and past but here we’d have a reason.
Conceptually: yes, I fully agree. But it still lacks content wise and for a database largely depending on voluntary data provisioning and data maintenance that is a problem. Hopefully more and more people and organisations will find it useful to also add stuff at the metabrainz sites; and maybe the sites will make it easier to do so, too.
This isn’t something we’ve thought about a lot, but it’s not something we’re actively preventing – the fact that it’s hard is more of a side effect of Roon’s UI engine, which works more like a video game than most music apps.
Two workarounds I can think of:
Select Content > Export to Excel
Edit Content > Find Field > Click the Copy button > this will put it in the text field you can copy
Yep, and that’s more complicated to what I did. since according to your screenshot I could also simply paste the name using the differnt special chars int othe box where it currently says “(blank)”. Exporting it won’t help much since within the export the special char is still not there. What I was looking for was so sort of “foreign character selector”
Butr not a real issue … the big point with computers is the ability to simply use third party tools besides and copy&paste from one to another.
Anyway … issue solved … it’s not a problem I run into each day … it’s more once a month if ever, depending upon detection of split artists due to such name-issues.