Price problems in Countries

Hello. I live in Turkey. I’d like to buy roon but it is so pricey in here. Will you make a price policy for countries?

Roon is a software product and has a fixed price globally so not affected buy local stocking, shipping or support etc so I dont expect you will get any relief based on geographic location I’m afraid.

1 Like

Well, it’s not actually the same for everybody & yes of course it all depends on exchange rates. For Roon it’s the same sale price, not for the end user.

I would suggest for @Deniz_Kaymakci approximately 780 Lira for a yearly subscription is considerably more to him than US$120. People living in countries with low & volatile exchange rates do pay ‘more’. There are also still some countries with fixed exchange rates!

A strong currency is not always good for an economy. Government’s typically try to improve ‘terms of trade’ & are often motivated by governments trying to reduce deficits & stimulate economies through promoting the purchase of local goods over imports. How often have we heard (your gov’t - gosh the Tr word got flagged) accusing the Chinese government (rightfully or wrongfully - that doesn’t matter) of artificially reducing their Yuan/Renminbi giving them an ‘unfair’ trade advantage.

That is key - the price is fixed, which is Roon’s business model. Whether Roon will at some point determine price based on location, I have no idea.

Whilst it can be argued that as the product is digital and is not influenced by some of the above mentinoned concepts, it’s far from unusual for companies that operate in the digital domain to charge according to location.

Would that make things fairer for those living outside the US with struggling economies? Of course it would! Would Roon (the company) get more customers/increase sales & profit? I have no idea.

These are typical issues that companies face when they operate both globally & digitally - their price structure.

Personally, I don’t have any strong thoughts on the matter. No doubt the more users of Roon that better for the community as a whole. Notwithstanding, as a company, Roon would not like to impact detrimentally on its bottom line.

I will add that I would have liked to have bought Roon in full at the time of my trial expiry. However, it coincided with some of the worst economic fears associated with covid 19. Our dollar dropped 10 points overnight. This meant for me an increase of ~ $400+ on the typical full price. Alas, the dollar bounced back a few days later. Sure that’s an atypical example, but one where price by location would avoid price disparity amongst users.

Cheers!

Well, thank you for all the answers. Tidal has a good price policy. my subscription to tidal is 20 liras which is not equivelant for the 20 dollars. Maybe roon will make some changes like this in the future.

2 Likes

Humourous but true

2 Likes

:laughing:

Most expensive in Switzerland, yet they are 4 (Zurich) & 6 (Geneva) ranked the fastest earned. Egypt on the other hand, the cheapest Big Mac, yet fifth slowest earner to be able to purchase a Big Mac.

Sure - food is often a good guide when comparing like for like products… However, never heard of this!