Pro-rata of annual to lifetime

Definitely! No subscriptions here. Especially not for a door bell!

1 Like

Iā€™ll be ordering the Eufy

plus my wife wants to buy me something for my 40th birthday and a subscription to roon doesnā€™t really cut it tbh. itā€™s lifetime or nothing imho

1 Like

That would be a nice gift along with a nice headphone rig.

naa donā€™t want a headphone rig. I already have a pair of Nuraphones. My Hifi/AV system consists of the following.

Denon AVPA1HDA AV Processor Pre Amp
5 Myryad MA240 Power Amplifiers running in Bridged Mono Config.
2 Pairs Of Naim Ariva Floorstanding Speakers (front and Rear) and the Matching NCent Center Speaker with B&W PV1 Subwoofer. I also have a squeezebox touch & Thereā€™s also some other gear (quite a bit tbh) but Iā€™m satisfied with the sound quality for the most pert.

Iā€™d get in on the lifetime subscription while you can, whether or not itā€™s your birthday gift. I just passed four years on my Roon lifetime subscription. Iā€™m a couple of months from playing with the houseā€™s money.

Roon will terminate lifetime subscriptions at some point. That has been made pretty clear.

1 Like

Iā€™m swaying that way. Iā€™m just a bit unsure of the future direction roon will be taking with the software. No Amazon HD support and I have no interest in tidal as my hifi doesnā€™t support MQA. Most of what I will be using it for is music from my Drobo. I would like to see sound loud, mixcloud and Amazon HD support but I doubt any of that will happen. The question is is roon that good or is it just the absence of alternatives? Iā€™ve also looked into building a dedicated Music Focussed Kodi Build which is looking good so far. Iā€™m not against paying Ā£Ā£Ā£ for software, Tesla charges Ā£7000 for full self driving, I just want to know where its going in the future. Am I getting in at the start of the roon experience or near the end? what if they get bought by a manufacturer and the software ends up free as part of that manufacturers IP

1 Like

I use Roon with local library Flac and DSF files. Iā€™ve had Tidal, but like Qobuz better.

Roon has taken big steps over the past four years. The firmware was comparatively primitive four years ago. It will be much different four years from now. Roon To Go (mobile) is still on the table. Thatā€™s something they have discussed adding for more than three years. I look at the lifetime subscription as the cost or depreciation cost of a minor component.

You make good points. One can never know the future. I didnā€™t figure weā€™d be on lockdownā€¦
Either way, I hope you have a happy 40thā€¦I just rolled over #60 last month.

Hi all,

We did recently update some of our pricing policies:

1. If you switch to a lifetime subscription during the first 30 days after a charge for a yearly subscription, you only pay the difference, $580.11. At any other time, you pay the full $699.99 and no full or partial refunds will be granted for prior payments.

2. All lifetime subscription sales are final, no refunds. (we have lots of scary red text about this, but still, be careful!)

The main reason for these changes is that our payment processor no longer returns their original processing fee when we issue a refund. That gets expensive quick, especially on larger transactions like lifetime subscriptions.

Happy birthday to you too, mine was last week (still waiting for my gift haha). I do admit I like it, Iā€™ve also spent 2-3 solid weeks updating musicbrainz with details of my library and retagging all 1000 of my albums so they match properly. I feel like Iā€™ve done the hard work myself manually already lol.

1 Like

Marketing text on a website is not a binding contract. All prices are subject to change and you are subject to the price at the time of payment.

If we lowered the price from $699 to $299, would you still pay us $699 because thatā€™s what the website said when you signed up?

If we lower the price of an annual, Iā€™ sure no one will complain when we charge you less.

If we raise price of an annual, you will get a warning that we will not auto-renew you without an explicit opt-in at the higher price.

Prices are what you pay for them, and you are guaranteed service for that period. Future pricing is subject to whatever it is at that time. There are no promises for any price going forward. Donā€™t read so hard into it.

Thanks Dannyā€¦

I can barely recall this thread in its entirety or how it drifted into the legalities. At the time I hadnā€™t even thought or looked at it, hence it sparked my interest.

Hypotheticals. :laughing: I think you can tell by now, the what ā€˜ifsā€™ generally donā€™t resonate with me. Itā€™s not a slight on you, itā€™s just the way I think (in many instances). This is largely due to ā€˜outliersā€™ being able to be pucked from thin air for just about anything & for many they assume it proves their point.

Ok :sunglasses:

Thank you Danny for confirming all of this & taking the time to read back over an older thread. It is appreciated. :smiley:

As for reading ā€˜tooā€™ hard into things? Hmmmm, itā€™s not that easy teaching an old dog new tricks!

Cheers. :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note: