Problem installing NAA-image on Rasp Pi

that is what service systemd-networkd-wait-online is used for (and that is why i modify its systemd config file); networkaudiod depends on it and only starts if there was no issue reported

while you debug this issue, temporarily connect a keyboard & monitor to it.

by default, your NAA’s hostname will be used; to make sure that the name is unique, newer NAA images use service dynhost to automatically set a unique hostname (derived from the MAC address; i think)

if you want to cofigure a different NAA name that doesn’t match NAA’s hostname, add var NETWORKAUDIOD_NAME to config file /etc/default/networkaudiod:

NETWORKAUDIOD_NAME=[prefered NAA name]
1 Like

I am still a bit lost as to what I should be looking for in my troubleshooting. I should check if networkaudiod is running?

• check if networkaudiod is runing:
    systemctl status networkaudiod
    ps | grep -v grep | grep networkaudiod
  • check systemd-networkd-wait-oline service status (which gives up after 5 minutes and fails, if no IP was configured)
    systemctl status systemd-networkd-wait-online
2 Likes

Thank you @yo3fxy ! That seems to be the problem.

systemd-networkd-wait-online failed because it is waiting for the network to be configured. However, wlan0 is already up and I can ping my default gateway from the NAA.

systemd-networkaudiod is also not up saying it failed on dependency. I presume it is the same problem in waiting of the network to be configured.

I tried to manually shutdown eth0 using “ifconfig eth0 down” but that didn’t help either.

It is waiting because it sees that all needed interfaces have not come up. IIRC, you need to either explicitly configure something for the ethernet, or explicitly state that you want to leave it out.

Thanks @jussi_laako and @yo3fxy, you guys are awesome. I managed to get it to work. I added a --any to the systemd-networkd-wait-online.service file after ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online.

1 Like

i’m glad it’s working for you now; that’s what the “sed” command is for in my setup script & why i’m runnig “systemctl daemon-reload”