Problem play FLAC 24/88.2 with Roon, NAD C658 when Dirac Live is enable

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC 8i3 with latest build
Running on Windows 10 (Core server only)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NAS, Router, Switch are all Netgear and Everything is on Ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
NAD C658 with latest firmware

Description Of Issue

With Roon
If the Dirac Live filter is enable and I start playing a FLAC at 24/88.2 I will have an error:

Roon Lost control of the audio device

If I disable Dirac Live filter on the C658 prior to start the FLAC at 24/88.2 it will play start correctly and after I can enable “Dirac Filter” but I will get a big boost in sound level for 24/88.2 files only.
I don’t get the boost in sound level with MQA at 24/88.2 and other sampling rate (FLAC at 16/44, 24/48, 24/96, 24/192, MQA at 24/44, 24/48, 24/96, 24/192, 24/352)

So I cannot activate Dirac Live filter when playing audio files with different sampling rate (FLAC or MQA) because when a FLAC at 24/88.2 start it will stop playing on the NAD C658 (Roon lost control of the audio device).

This bug is their for over a year and still not fix. I have contact NAD and since the problem is happening in Roon with this error and problem (Roon Lost control of the audio device and boost of sound level) they say the problem is on Roon side and contact Roon.

I just hope the ball will not bounce back and fourth between Roon and NAD. I don’t know who is to blame here but one thing is sure their is still some bugs with Roon and NAD C658.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @SylvainP, and thanks for your report! Our team has been in contact with Bluesound and they’re currently working to resolve the issue. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you, hope they will fix it.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. My C658 won’t play files with a sample rate of 88.2 through Roon when DIRAC is active. It works as expected when using BluOS. All other sample rates seem to work as well. As a workaround I’m using upsampling to the highest sample rate in Roon but that can’t be the solution. Hope there will be a fix!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.