Problem with artist "Yusuf"

If I let Roon identify all of my Cat Stevens albums as Yusuf albums, and if I let Roon identify Cat Stevens as Yusuf, the “aka” field doesn’t show his other name. I get Yusuf aka Yusuf. If I manually edit his name to Cat Stevens (preferred, since all of my CD covers and discs are printed with that name), then I get Cat Stevens aka Cat Stevens.

Is there a way to manually fix this, or does it have to be done at the Rovi level?

All my Cat Stevens albums are now listed ONLY under his latest name, Yusuf.
Really!?

Hi Ruud,

I’ve moved your post here. I’ve noticed the change on my albums from Cat Stevens aka Cat Stevens to Yusuf aka Yusuf.

If I search Cat Stevens it brings up Yusuf, and there is no longer a Cat Stevens artist.

Hopefully we can get @joel to check this out.

Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg, thanks for picking this up.
Additional info: this happened only after I installed build 165.

Cheers, Ruud

Just noticed the same thing in my library. Any thoughts from Roon on a fix?

Guys, we’re tracking this internally.

1 Like

As of tomorrow evening, Artist xyz a.k.a. xyz should be a thing of the past. :slight_smile:

Please note though that metadata changes can take up to a week to filter through to your library.

1 Like

Hi @joel,

Things have changed indeed, it first changed to Cat Stevens and a day later it changed back to Yusuf. The a.k.a. part is completely gone.

Was this the intention?
I expected that it would become ‘Cat Stevens a.k.a. Yusuf’

Hi Jan,

This is what I get today:

NB: I don’t have any Yusuf tracks in my library – only older Cat Stevens tracks. And if I search for “Yusuf”, the only suggestion that appears is “Cat Stevens”.

Hi Jeff,

I have 2 Cat Stevens albums and 1 Yusuf album.

I checked my file tags and all files were tagged with both Cat Stevens and Yusuf as artist name. After modifying this by only using the artist name that was used at the time of the release it all makes more sense now.

The name used in the artist browser is still Yusuf but the albums that were released as Cat Stevens now include both names. I think I can get used to this.

If I search for Cat Stevens Yusuf is found, which makes sense.