Problem with Roon account not being found

Thanks for your interest, but I have another and more immediate problem: when I forgot my password and entered my email address I received a “no such user” reply. I consider myself as having enough problems right now not to have this error arise. I have a life membership in Roon. What do I do now?

I’ll inform @accounts for you as these people provide support for account related issues.

I pared this off to a new thread as once we get @accounts involved we prefer to unlist the thread to keep any personal information from becoming public.

Little black sheep that have lost our way, bah, bah, bah. I’ve been at this most of two days, and reached the height of my success: Would you like to buy a core? I, somewhere in Roon, have a life membership. But see, I can’t see because I don’t have a membership (not by direct communication, but because this is the first place where I can enter, very inappropriate to the topic under consideration.)It all started when I went to sign and received the message:There was an issue loading your database. Please, someone give me some help.

Its been noted for accounts but it was the weekend so a little patience please, Im sure they will resolve this aspect as soon as they are back at the office.
Thank you

Hey @John_F_Leonard,

Thank you for keeping us posted on how everything unfolds — we’re sorry an account issue has come up, on top of the “there was an issue loading your database” error :pensive: .

Our technical team will help on the main thread, but, in the meantime I wanted to let you know that your account exists and is in good standing (there is an active lifetime subscription on it). Would you please use the link below to reset your password?

Can you then try to log into the account page? Does it work?