Problem with scrolling albums,etc, on Tablet

@support

Hi

Am really enjoying the Roon platform overall. Good job!

There a few niggles which I am sure will be ironed out along the way :slight_smile:

In particular, I am finding the elastic nature of the pagination of albums troubling on my SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB A 10inch Tablet, it’s got 2gb ram i think and Octacore processor.

The physical aspect of scrolling using a digit on the tablet is really quite unpleasant and unintuitive. One has to swipe from one length of the device to the other to be sure of a (mostly) successful activation of the page change. Otherwise, with a short swipe, it’s a lottery as to whether the action will be effective, I usually have to attempt between 1 and 5 swipes to get it to work.

It’s frustrating at best. It’s all but stopping me from using the device as remote.

Is pagination necessary at all - smooth scrolling is far nicer, and this is effective on the phone version i see?

If so, possible to engineer a much less elastic system and/or make it more sensitive to small gestures?

Even some vitual buttons for left right pagination would be a great help!

I know there’s the option to use the scroll bar at the bottom for speedy access, but it’s hardly precise and with many 1000’s of albums in a collection , it’s impossible to use with any accuracy at all.

Note, I have taken a short video to show the problem, which should be accessible here:

http://www.tnm-network.com/vid/tab.mp4

(and note even some full screen swipes are not activating the pagination in the video)

if there are issues to view, let me know

Thanks in advance for any reply.

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one having this issue on my Dell 8" tablet!

Agreed, swiping left and right rarely works for me the first time. I have to be very deliberate and make sure I start my swipe from at least 3/4 of the screen on the side I want to go to and swipe all the way to the opposite edge.

1 Like

Likewise, I guess our tolerance level to pain is too low, lol

It just puts use of the tablet for roon on my lifes too short list.

Fortunately, it’s a great experience on the PC using the mouse, so my Vaio’s been put back into action these days, despite suffering a cracked screen :frowning: