Problem with SRC-DX

I have a SRC-DX purchased directly from Audiowise for a few days.
Unfortunately I can’t get it to work in PCM at a frequency higher than 384 khz.
on the usb side everything seems ok and the dual led lights up when i select the maximum speed on audinirvana or roon/hqplayer, but the turquoise led of my hugo2 does not light up.
Oddly if I try to set DSD 256 the
led turns turquoise but only white noise is heard from the analog outputs of the Dac (this makes me assume that the cables are fine).
Your any suggestion will be appreciated

1 Like

Assuming the SRC-DX is a USB to coax bridge, I think you’ll find that 384 kHz is the maximum sample rate for a Hugo 2 input on coax (S/PDIF). AFAIK, dual coax is intended for the M-Scaler only.

1 Like

I also have SRC DX but with Chord Qutest. Apologies for obvious suggestion but is the SRC DX set to output Dual BNC? Also is HQ Player set to output 768k PCM at 24 bits?

1 Like

How to set SRC-DX for dual BNC ? I think is automatic . Yes , also hqplayer is set for 768 khz pcm

Thanks for reply , Hugo2 have a specific dual coax features for 768khz max speed

Check here chapter 6 page 8

I have a SRC-DX used with a Chord Qutest and I found that I had to plug in the SRC-DX USB input to a USB 2.0 port on the raspberry pi 4 that I was using as a streamer to get dual BNC 768khz PCM. If I plugged the SRC-DX into a USB 3 port on the Pi 4, the SRC-DX would not go higher than 384khz. No idea why – I found it out by chance!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.