Problems with Qubuz integration - 2 albums not synchronizing

After a pause of 3 months, I reactivated my Qobuz subscription.
I started completely fresh, i.e. that I removed all Qobuz favourites in my Qobuz account.

I am intending to NOT add Qobuz streaming albums to my roon Library, but I do want to listen via Roon.

In selecting a number of albums, I have 2 albums that were released at least a couple of weeks ago, that are not synchronized into Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz, after having favourized them ivia the Qobuz webapplication.

album 1: Lucinda Williams - Stories from a rock 'n Roll Heart

The album is not present in Roon - Lucinda Williams Discography, although it has been release on June 30th

On Qobuz it is available and I favorized it:

Even after a number of manual Qobuz synchronizations, and waiting for almost a day, the album does not show up in Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz

So I cannot even play this album via Roon for now!!!

album 2: Alaska Reid - Disenchanter
I have bought this album in the meanwhile at Bandcamp, so I cannot document it anymore.
Behaviour was identical to the Lucinda Williams album.

The reason for suspending my Qobuz account is exactly this - the integration between Qobuz and Roon is far for flawless. I don’t know if it is Qobuz, or if it is Roon (or both).
I know one thing for sure, I will not add any Qobuz album to my Roon library anymore. I will listen via Roon if permitted , and if I really like an album I will buy it.
If I were Roon, I would make sure to fix the integration with Qobuz, and avoid all these anomalies. big part of it’s success depends on seamless integration with the (few) streaming partners they partner with.
Dirk

Have you tried a manual sync? Settings > Services > Qobuz > Edit

Roon 2200

And if you’ve bought one of the albums, have you downloaded it and added it into local storage? Is it not showing up then?

7 or more times.

Did you download it and put it into Roon’s watched folder or are you trying to listen to the streaming version?

FWIW, I see it offered as streaming in Qobuz.

… and …

Favoriting an album in Qobuz DOES add it to the Roon library. (Or should normally)

1 Like

Well it should, but it does not, at least for me.
Feel free to try these albums for yourself, and if you would be so kind report back

Dirk

As I have bought and downloaded the album, it is added to my roon Library of course.
I bought it ‘deafly’ as I could not listen to the streaming version.

That’s why I wrote it “should”. My main point was here was that favoriting an album in Qobuz does exactly that you don’t want to do, adding it to your Roon library (if it works as expected).

In this respect, it does not matter if you add it to the library within Roon or favorite it in the Qobuz player, the result is exactly the same - it becomes a Qobuz favorite and is added to the Roon library. That’s why when you remove a Qobuz album from the Roon library it shows you this:

When I add the album to the library in Roon, it is added immediately.

After removing it again and favoriting it in the Qobuz webplayer, it did not appear immediately in Roon. I don’t know what the default sync frequency from Qobuz to Roon is, though.

After going to Roon Settings > Streaming, I see a spinning circle for the Qobuz account, indicating that it is syncing (and when I go to Edit, it says “synching library now”). I am still waiting …

Edit: And 2 minutes later it has appeared as a Roon library album

Well, good to know it works for you for these albums.

For me, ‘normal’ behaviour is that favorized albums in
a) the Qobuz webplayer are added to Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz , but not to My Library in Roon.
b) the Qobuz app, are added both to both Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz and to my Roon Library. (As it is doing for you)
I have reported this several times in the past, without resolution.

However, this topic is about the 2 specific albums I mentioned, which do not synchronize at all in my case. So I cannot listen to the Qobuz streaming version via Roon.
I have favorized other albums this weekend that did appear in Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz, such as:
Palehound - Eye onthe Bat
The Clientele - I am not there anymore

That’s simply not normal in general.

That’s sad and I have no clue why the issue happens

Did you try triggering a sync manually in Roon > Settings > Services > Qobuz > Edit > Sync now, as suggested by @Geoff_Coupe?

As I have responded to Geoff, at least 7 times during the day.

Well, you can - just look for them using Roon and play them. You should also be able to add them to your Roon library directly.

Ah, I missed that response.
No idea what is going on, sorry

But they are not visible in Roon.
These 2 albums are not present in the Discography in Roon.
And if I do a search in Roon, they are not available in the search results either.
They are available in Qobuz of course, otherwise I could not have favorized them.

The Lucinda Williams album is a pre-release - therefor not yet available in Roon. In the Qobuz app, all the tracks are ghosted and only 30 second samples.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming it is available for you.

Would you please be so kind to check the Lucinda Williams album as well.
As said, I bought the Alaska Reid album, so it is in My Library. It does show a Qobuz version as well now!!!

I really cannot get my head about this.

I just told you why the LW album is not yet in Roon…

Where do you see it is a pre-release?

I see the full album released on June 30th.

The tracks are ghosted and are 30 second samples…

Ok, I can confirm that.
But normally (!) Qobuz indicates clearly if an album is a pre-release.

Again, I am not saying Roon is at fault here, but addressing these kind of synchronization issues at Qobuz helpdesk, is talking to a chinese wall.

I can only report through Roon, as in the end they are the ‘liason officer’ for the Qobuz-Roon integration.