Problems with tidal connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core Machine: Mac Mini OS 10.15.6

Roon build: roonserver 1.7 build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi Mesh router, Mac Mini connected via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lynx Hilo connected over USB. Using Roon app on the iPhone as the controller.

Description Of Issue

This issue has now happened several times. A restart of the Mac Mini typically resolves it. My wife is getting really mad because I tell her that Roon should “just work” and seemingly whenever she tries it there is a problem.

We will pull up Roon and try and play something with tidal. The artists/albums will come up, but then when we go to play, an error will appear at the bottom. I screenshotted it saying “Tidal media is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem.”

Logging out of Tidal and back in within Roon does not solve the problem.!

If I try and play a song when this problem occurs, sometimes I see it iterating through the list of songs in the album, attempted and failing to play each one.

I have a zip file of my server logs but it won’t let me attach a zip to this post. How can I share my logs with you?

Looking forward to a permanent solution and a stable connection with Tidal!

Thanks,
Todd

roon_tidal_problem_iphone|230x500

Have look at this thread about orbi.

Thanks Ged! I’m noticing that thread is about an issue connecting to the Roon core. That is not a problem here. Also of note is that I experienced this problem before changing my routers to the Orbis. I was on an Apple Airport Extreme before, over wifi then instead of connectedvia ethernet as I am now

If you are having problems with Tidal then that is a core issue. Apple airports also known to have problems with Roon.

Are you suggesting that I disable IGMP proxying? The thread you shared says that can help with remotes connecting to the core, which is not my problem. Are you with Roon support? Would sharing my logs shed some more information?

I’m just a user like you.
Network issues often affect all of the chain. Are you using a modem/router in front of the Netgear?

In front of the Netgear I have a modem that my Internet service provided.

Hello @Todd_DeSantis, my apologies for the trouble here. Ged is correct though and this does point towards a networking issue based on the information provided. I’d try:

1. Disable Disable IGMP Proxying per our networking guide
  2. Change DNS to Google or Cloudflare to see if that helps
  3. I wanted to confirm that your setup is Mini>router>modem via Ethernet
  4. Do you see this behavior on other remotes?

Please let me know and next time you’re able to reproduce the issue please reply to this thread with a timestamp of when the issue occurred and we can take a look at logs!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.