Processing delay of the KEF KC62

Does someone know what is exactly the value of the “processing delay” in “ms” that I have to set in my Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 subs settings, in order to handle correctly my dual KC62?

1 Like

Hi Marco,

I’m working on getting this answer for you.

Best regards,

Ben

2 Likes

Is there any news on this as I have exactly the same question?

Many thanks

In the while we are waiting, I found elsewhere that the value should be 0,5ms.

Thank you. Did the 0.5 work well with your lyngdorf sub integration?

It’s hard to say.

For now, I’m leaving that value at 0.5ms and focus attention to the other settings (crossover frequencies and types).

Also, there’s no way to make RoomPerfect sound good to my ear, it’s always like to have a loudness mode on instead of removing exceed of bass.

Thank you. Just a thought, it might be worth posting your challenges to the Lyngdorf 1120 AV Forum (avforums.com), there are some very knowledgable people on there, including installers, who may be able to help you get the best from your investment.

1 Like

I had a response from KEF this moring:

Date: Monday, 13 June 2022 at 08:54
To: *******
Subject: RE: KEF KC62 digital delay [ ref:_00D6F2ZKVB._500BL1OWhU:ref ]

Hello Neil,

Due to the distance of the built-in Amp to drivers, we could not detect measurable any signal delay whith the KC62 (in hard wired mode). The combination of iBX and DSP ensures the signal is fed instantaneously to match the pace and speed of the music source.

With Best

Ron (KEF)

1 Like

0.4ms. It’s the same for KF92 as well, if anybody is interested.

1 Like

So we have:

• 0,5ms (a page from Darko Audio’s website);
  • 0,0ms (from KEF)
  • 0,4ms (from KEF)
1 Like

Yes, not ideal I’ll grant you, but I suppose a trial and error with all three to see which you prefer. Only issue being with the Lyngdorf, I suspect you will need to re run Room Perfect after each change, which is a little time consuming. At least with the 3400 you can backup to the SD / USB so that you can reload and not have to do it all again!

1 Like