Profile pic [flair] icons

Because there aren’t that many trialers around I guess. All other overlays got removed.

I disabled them for normal users.

EU Law does not prevent anyone from exposing your personally identifying information (PII), it only says that you have to be told what is being exposed and you must have the option to remove it (by any means, including just removing access to your account and scrambling the username).

Apologies - I didn’t read down to where Danny said that it’s only trialers left.

I know and I completely agree with your definition. I used the winking emoji to show that I was making a humorous reference to the rather silly discussion about whether or not adding the icons is legal. It clearly is.

Most trialers don’t end up here. Most don’t have too many issues since they are trialing on the all-in-one Roon and haven’t got too complicated of setups.

Usually a few hundred are here at any given time.

PII is knowing 2 of any 3 metrics of an individual.

Are you mixing PII with SCA? You want accurate PII to accomplish SCA, but they are different topics.

The overlays still show-up in the thread summary:

It’s all good Danny. The smiley in my post was there for a reason :slight_smile:

As to my motivation, I’m not looking out for anyone, nor was it my intention. Sometimes I just have questions or thoughts. I’m a person that asks those questions instead of keeping them for myself. I find that by asking questions, having a discussion on the matter, a concensus can grow + information / facts can be revealed. There’s no other reason than that.

In my case, it’s more of a “I subject to the knowledge of someone more familiar on the matter”. I am happy to concede to your and Martin webster’s combined knowledge on the matter. Not everyone is hiding :slight_smile:

I personally don’t think it should be required to familiarize yourself with the details of PII laws in order for being allowed to talk about it. There are ways you can have a healthy discussion without being an expert. I think this thread ended up just fine eventually :slight_smile:

Yep, mixed it up at bit… I vaguely recall any 2 of Name, address, dob, ssn is ok, but any 3 is PII - at least at work.

Another thread of first world concerns on the forum. :yawning_face:

3 Likes

I can have the dumbass badge if youve got one.
No problems with that.

Ill also opt out of having my subscription status displayed if its an option - i just dont see why its any other users business or what benefit it brings to this forum.

I though this forum was about Roon and music so why organise users on how they decide to pay?

2 Likes

Got to love it, every day a new drama - I almost can’t keep up :joy:

7 Likes

The Bold and the Beautiful.

1 Like

thanks for finding that… they are hidden now for you.

Is there an option to unhide? I like the feature.

There is not… as @mikeb said, too much drama.

I can confirm that they are no longer displaying there for me.

Bring back the harmless badges plz. The purpose is all good.

2 Likes

Pointless and distracting would be my opinion, I guess.

1 Like

You changed your profile pic to a huge badge.
I nearly spit my coffee.
Well played Sir :laughing:

6 Likes