Prog and Proud!

thanks I will add them now and have a listen

Yet another fail for Roon search, the Atmosphere album will not show up in Roon (2 others do).
Tidal finds it in 2 seconds and added and showing up in Roon

2 Likes

I have been waiting way too long for this to cease showing on Qobuz as unavailable.
Was it worth the wait?
I would bloody well say so indeed!
Portnoy, Petrucci et al do not disappoint!
Enjoy!!

3 Likes

That’s one of the 14 I have today - no time to listen though!

1 Like

I think I added 7 today but already deleted 2 as not worthy… IMHO.

Classic prog from one of Canada’s finest.

On vinyl of course. The screenshot is from my Discogs collection pages.
Only way I can keep track of what I already have was to sit down and catalog everything through discogs.
That way I can check if I already have it when out on a shopping bender!

3 Likes

I was in the shop this morning with my Plexamp open checking which of the CDs that I wanted that I already owned.
Recently I purchased several CDs that I had already repurchased on CD, so now checking my Library when I shop.
I suppose it’s a bit more manual when you have a crazy vinyl collection :+1:

1 Like

Shows some good progression (ha!) from “Moving Backwards” (IMHO). Very enjoyable, if you’re of a slightly metal persuasion.

4 Likes

Its same idea Michael, I find records, first check the condition vs price, then check via Discogs which I have access to 24/7 from app on my phone as long as I have some sort of service to see if I already have it.
It has saved me quite a few dollars since I did the initial catalog which took HOURS… lol
Finding you have three copies of Stings Dream of the Blue Turtles on vinyl is sort of funny but not productive.

1 Like

A suggestion from Prog Magazine

2 Likes

Added to my list, looks like a Roger Dean type album art which gets bonus points!

1 Like

A little different but quite nicely done.

Edit…Stop Press!
This record is actually quite brilliant!
Highly recommended!!:+1::+1:

1 Like

Signing off for the night with this masterpiece.
Probably one of the finest prog rock albums of this century…

2 Likes

Gonna have to disagree with you for once Kevin - this did not blow me away. Sounds like Flower Kings wannabes!

Ah well…
You can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time but…:grin::grin:

1 Like

I’ll let you off - you have a pretty good hit rate!!

1 Like

Maybe one too many diet cokes last night.
:joy:

1 Like

Funnily enough, that’s just what I’m drinking right now - with a large measure of Appleton Estate 8 YO in it :smile:.

Now, Arena, on the other hand, are a fantastic band!

1 Like

I nearly hit play on Contagious but went with this instead…

I’m going to say nothing about it…lol.

1 Like

what about this one fellas:

3 Likes

I have that one saved in my Qobuz favorite but not played in a while.
Thanks for the reminder!