Prog and Proud!

DGM has started providing music to TIDAL.image

4 Likes

1 Like

image I think this studio stuff is recorded well.

RoonShareImage-637028485152733802

Obviously this one. This is such an insanely good album… one huge progressive metal trip!

6 Likes

I agree. Couple spots they pushed the compression a bit too much. Musically it’s a metal/prog masterpiece.

It’s the genre the cool kids with John Lennon glasses listened to in 1974. If you didn’t have Brain Salad Surgery, well who were you?

RoonShareImage-637468447445042116

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-637468749309686740

5 Likes

1 Like

As this thread has seemingly revived with a few new posts, I’ll say that prog is one of my least liked genres. :rofl:

That’s not to say I don’t like some or even own some @andybob, but rather than owning up, I’d prefer to state it’s overall now my thing. And, I’ll go one step further, I find a good majority rather boring. I can listen to it, but I’m just not enthralled.

Of course, we all know, we all have our own personal tastes.

Cheers mate. :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

Wobbler. Fantastic prog in the vein of the classics Yes, KC, Genesis. Good sound and excellent DR 10 too (by contemporary standards)

4 Likes

Just waiting for its release, in the UK, on 5th Feb!

Threshold - one of the most underrated bands on the planet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! What is your favorite album?

All are good, but I have a special fondness for the ones with the late Andrew McDermott as singer; his voice was uniquely suited to Threshold, in my view - Hypothetical and Critical Mass are excellent.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637470124430949352

3 Likes

You have 3 single on Tidal

Not a Tidal user I’m afraid!

Caligula’s Horse from Australia.

https://youtu.be/P2Wgxj5-q98

2 Likes