Proof Roon does feedback and influence Tidal

There have been many threads saying Roons integration doesn’t influence there play history and curated playlists in Tidal app. Well I very much beg to differ as this is what Tidal tells me I have been streaming. I also have Qobuz so this isn’t all the music this month but looks like Mrs Gipsy is playing a lot Taylor Swift. We don’t use Tidal or Qobuz outside of Roon so if it doesn’t feed back as people claim, not sure who’s using my account.

My Mixes are all update based on this as are You Listens to this try this. Where you want see its influence is in recently played as that’s for the app itself, and albums added via Roon show up in Recent Activity on the favourites page.

1 Like

Not sure who has been saying it does not feedback?
It’s an interesting point but I can confirm that both Tidal and Qobuz playtime inside Roon reflects in both of the respective standalone apps.

TBH I would have expected this to be normal behavior.

It just cropped up on a few threads and some on outside of this one. I cant say I have noticed much influence in Qobuz but then it really doesnt have the same level of user based curation as others so hard to tell. The weekly Q mix it comes up doesnt seem to really folllow my listening at all, just based on whats in my collection and most of its very random. Thats all I can see in Qobuz, its poor for this sort of thing and something they need to work on. Its more happy trying to push stuff I have no interest in.

1 Like

You are definitely correct that the Qobuz app and it’s workings are inferior to the Tidal one.

However I do find a lot of the music I really like I can find on Qobuz in a hires version.
Something that cannot be said of Tidal ATM.

I am going to have a good look through my Qobuz app and see what it says I have been doing of late.
I maybe mistaken but I thought it was tracking what I was playing via Roon playtime last time I looked.

It will be for payments to artiist but I am just not sure it gives any feedback to the app for you to peruse.

@CrystalGipsy, Roon uses your subscriptions to authenticate to streaming services, so the services know who is streaming what. Am I mistaken?

Yes I did not say otherwise of.course it does but that’s not what I am addressing here, if you read through properly. Many users have moaned that their Tidal accounts curation and playlists don’t represent what’s been played via Roon and Tidal, I am showing it does.