PS Audio Direcstream Junior uncertified

Alas, disable and re-enable didn’t make the PWDII show up as certified. Thanks for sharing your solution.

When I had a ps DS jnr I recall a similar issue when widows fire wall was on. You don’t list much detail in your post of what is running what

@Jan_Koudijs thanks for the heads up I’ll look into it!

1 Like

Hello @Rusty_Miller,

I was able to find a small bug in our detection abilities for the DirectStream. I’ve updated the code accordingly. Since device identification is now a part of our MetaData services, you client should pull in the update sometime in the next 24 hours!

-John

Thanks. The “uncertified “ is gone. But I’ve lost MQA.

I noticed there is MQA setting in Roon and default is ‘“no MQA support “. What should it be? Tried all and still no MQA on my DAC anymore. (Note: no issues with mConnect)

Hello @TheLooster,

The correct setting for the Bridge II devices is “Decoder and Renderer”. We’re investigating some issues with PS Audio devices and MQA capabilities at the moment, specifically with MQA + DSP. If you plan on using DSP, “Decoder Only” may help avoid some temporary buggy behavior with the unit.

-John

Thanks for the response, John. Today I de-activated the BridgeII, re-booted my core, re-activated the BridgeII, and now everything looks fine.

Much appreciated!

1 Like

Confirming MQA working correctly again (after reboot of everything). Thanks!

The correct setting for the Bridge II devices is “Decoder and Renderer”. We’re investigating some issues with PS Audio devices and MQA capabilities at the moment, specifically with MQA + DSP. If you plan on using DSP, “Decoder Only” may help avoid some temporary buggy behavior with the unit.

Thanks John. Confirming that using DSP on Tidal MQA via Bridge II is giving poor audio for me - stuttering. Happy to turn off DSP and glad you are working to address.

Hi,
My DirectStream Jr. just changed to uncertified. I had to re-add it as a source. I haven’t changed anything in my system, PC or otherwise. If anything on the PC changed it couldn’t only been a Windows update or other automated change.

Turn off yr windows firewall to see if that helps

PSAudio has discontinued the product, but that shouldn’t make it uncertified.