QNAP QTS 4.3.x update info

QNAP has released a new OS for their NAS devices in April this year: QTS 4.3.
As I have seen some reports of non-working QNAP RoonServer after the update of the QTS system from 4.2.x to 4.3.x, please make sure to have the latest qpkg installed when doing the upgrade to QTS 4.3.

QTS 4.3.x is now fully 64-bit and it required a modification in the qpkg. A working qpkg has already been released since November 2016.

Also, even though RoonServer will automatically update to its latest version, this does not apply to the qpkg. These are 2 different things:

• RoonServer is installed by the qpkg via the latest available RoonServer Linux download. It will auto-update by Roon’s update mechanism.
  • The qpkg (this is the installation file for a qnap) contains dedicated scripts to install and start/stop RoonServer on a QNAP. This will not automatically be updated by Roon’s auto-update feature.

I am hoping to have RoonServer in the QNAP App Center in the long term. If that works out, the App Center will show an indication, if an update of the qpkg is available.

4 Likes

Hi Chris. I’ve been a Roon user for a year and have just purchased a QNAP unit which will become my Roon core. Thanks for the work you’ve done – I hope there’s more reward in it for you than just our gratitude!

Having the Roon software be part of the QNAP App Centre would be brilliant. I’m a serious geek myself but I can imagine the current setup process being pretty daunting for most people.

Now I just got to figure out whether an SSD is really needed or if I can get away with having my database on a 4-drive RAID 5 array…

I could manage to get it into the App store of Qnapclub. What is the latest QPKG you are providing so far?