QNAP QTS 5.0 Upgrade

After upgrading to QTS 5.0 the most of my Apps (Virtual Station, Backup-App and so on) won’t start anymore or showing Erros.
So i have sold my TS-253 Pro, Life is to short for using QNAP with buggy QTS. My primary NAS (Syno DS 918+) never had such Issues and works fine. Now the TR-004 is attached to the Synology.

I have has Roon running on a QNAP TVS-471 for five years now. It has worked flawlessly for that entire time except for a short spell where the aftermarket memory I bought failed but that was not a Roon issue. Once I figured it out things went back to working flawlessly. That’s roughly 1800 days with no issues through all the updates and upgrades to both Roon and to QTS. Perhaps if you were not running Roon on such an underpowered machine you wouldn’t be having these issues. But you probably already know that.

2 Likes

I also have a TVS 471, I upped the Ram to 16 GB as the supplied 4 GB was never enough and the Ram would saturate. Re starting Roon always fixed this though… With 16 GB Ram I have had no issues and RAM does not saturate. This is just a FYI.
Would I choose a NAS now? Nope, probably not, but ROCK was not a thing at that time and the Nucleus certainly didn’t exist…

1 Like

Our QNAP is a T-453D. It has a celeron quad core and I bumped it to an unsupported 16 GB RAM, running fine for months.

On that machine, and for my small database, Roon runs a lot faster in Docker (virtualisation station) than using the native QNAP app. With faster, I mean my son and daughter complaining about the speed when I moved away from Docker to the QNAP-app because I was unnecessary worried about the .net support in the image.

I have been using Roon in Docker for a couple of years on a NUC i7, did all the upgrades and I never had a problem.