Qobuz Canada Launch

Yeah, I tried to sign up from here in BC via Express VPN and whilst I could establish an account no payment options worked. I still have a UK credit card and have not tried that yet.

I’m kind of disappointed, but I’m not sure with whom? For an old school guy, the whole Tidal experience is too urban. The discovery is inferior compared to Spotify or Deezer, as it never suggests anything remotely good. I understand that Roon wants to keep the quality up, but after 55 years of listening to music, sometimes I just want to have a service that knows what I listen to, and suggests new tracks that match. Too bad Pandora quality is so poor and not available in the Roonerator.

I stream from Tidal and Qobuz. Roon always shows me several artist and albums directly related to what I am listening to under Recommended For You on the right side of the screen.

Hmm, I just googled, and I guess I’m not supposed to use that term. I meant Hip-hop and Rap.
What I miss from the other services is; Spotify builds a playlist for you once per week, based only on what you have listened to. Deezer has Flow, which is based on what you mark as favourites and what you listen to. The method you describe works, but it requires that I go through the list myself. The Radio feature is close, but not nearly as good as Pandora.

You probably don’t want Tidal unless you have an MQA DAC.

Tidal does the same with my Mix playlists and for my experience been way better than Spotify. Recommended Albums is also tailored for my tastes. Unfortunately Roon doesn’t support these, which is bad as they should be front and centre on the Tidal page in Roon, they are in the Tidal app. You have to start using the service though for it to recommend you anything. It will be selling the most popular music upfront to start with and can come across as hip hop, RnB centric but it’s not, most shops put the popular stuff in the windows. It has more choice than Qobuz has in a lot of Genres.

This is what Tidal gives me on my home page in between the other stuff it, quite a bit tailored to me and no hip hop in it as I don’t listen to it. Shame Rooms recommended for you worked as well and stop giving me classical.

@crystalgypsy

Thanks! That’s exactly what I was missing. Too bad we can’t have that experience inside the Roon App. And @Jim_F, yes I have the ability to listen to MQA files :grinning: Cambridge CXN

You can still get the first MQA software unfold through Roon, which boosts the resolution to 24/96 in most cases without an MQA DAC.

The CXN doesn’t support MQA, the best you’ll get is Roons first unfold not true MQA

Qobuz said today that Canada is not in their plan. !!!

Where did you see that?

I keep reading this thread as Qobuz Canada Lunch!

When i asked a question friday…It’s in french because i asked the question to the headquater in Paris:

Qobuz | Votre requête numéro 00129816 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5001tUgMyv:ref ]

Corbeille x

|### support-help@qobuz.com via ncf8g9ldalkn.58-jmcxeak.eu16.bnc.salesforce.com|11 juin 2020 10:01 (il y a 4 jours)||

À moi

|

Ce message a été supprimé. Restaurer le message

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre message.

Il n’est malheureusement pas à l’ordre du jour d’ouvrir au Canada. Nous sommes sincèrement désolés.

Cordialement

qobuz-logo Service client Centre d’activité de l’Ourcq, 45 rue Delizy - 93692 PANTIN-CEDEX

Qobuz has been saying Canada is not in their plan for ages, since shortly after they launched the US service. Before the US launch they said in press interviews that Canada would get Qobuz shortly after the US. I doubt Canada will ever see Qobuz, given their about-face.

1 Like

Unfortunately, all signs are pointing in one direction. Qobuz is not reaching the numbers of subscribers they planned/aspired to in the US.
In fact I do not see Qobuz ( nor any other streaming service company) announce any new plans related to new geogrzphical expansion, new type of SQ-based subcription models etc.
And yes I know Amazon is moving into this streaming market, which I consider a deadly treat for the moe specialized services ( Qobuz, Tidal, Deezer, …)
And that really is not beneficial for Roon eithrr.
Dirk

1 Like

yes you’re right