Qobuz Genre Selection

Hi there,

I noted today that Roon is not remembering Qobuz genre selections - for example, when I select Classical, click on a particular album, then go back. I seem to remember that it used to remember. Is there a setting I’m missing?

THx,
D

2 Likes

Hi,

Yes, this is the normal behavior for “Artists” and “Albums” views : when you Focus through a Genre, then go back, if you select the view again the genre selection is kept.
But the focus is separate for Artists and Albums : A genre selection in one of these views does not affect the other one… perhaps this is your problem ?

The Qobuz Windows app has a button „remember genre selection“. That is really all that is needed in Roon.

1 Like

+1,
@Support: please remember the genre selection when browsing Albums in Qobuz!

2 Likes

+1,
@Support: please remember the genre selection when browsing Albums in Qobuz!

1 Like

+1,
@Support: please remember the genre selection when browsing Albums in Qobuz.

3 Likes

Another plug for streamlining the browsing in Qobuz - it is very clunky right now.

For example, when I go to the browse Qobuz screen, I’m presented with Qobuz Grand Selection, Still Trending, Press Awards, and Top Albums (all Genres shown).

Now, if I select a genre (in my case, the example is Classical), I can browse the first 16 albums in each category (only). If I want to see more, I have to click “View All” in one of the above sub-categories. (At this point, the Roon interface transitions from the newer vertical presentation to the older horizontal scrolling view).

In this view, I browse further albums and select one to read the album summary. At this point, the back button will take me back to the ‘focused’ horizontal scrolling page - the ‘View All’ page for the Genre and sub-category I’ve chosen (e.g., ‘Still Trending’). Good so far.

However, if I hit the back button again to go to the summary screen - to jump from Still Trending to New Releases, for example - the Genre selection is wiped out.

2 Likes

Another +1 for this, as it stands browsing Qobuz by genre is exceedingly clunky and annoying.

2 Likes