Qobuz hi-res streaming in 1.6

Hey…,
Maybe a somewhat late response and maybe I misunderstood something but I can only play Hires albums via Qobuz / Roon if I have paid for that album. I also inquired at Qobuz and this was their answer:

You have a Sublime subscription. It allows you to stream in CD quality all the catalog and the in Hires your music buyed in Hires.
Thank you for your understanding.

Not what I get.
I have a Sublime subscription (or whatever it is called, the top subscription).
I have not bought any albums.
I’m playing high res from Qobuz.

It seems that you are on the same streaming plan as myself, I.e. Sublime. The Qobuz statement is accurate.

This streaming plan is no longer available to new customers.
It was effectively replaced by Studio, which does allow hires streaming, but at a higher price.

The top trier subscription in Qobuz is Sublime+, which is Hires streaming and Hires purchases at the prize of mp3. Sublime subscription is CD quality streaming and Hires purchases at the prize of mp3. Once an album is purchased the Sublime user can stream his/her purchased album in Hires. Sublime subscription is not anymore offered by Qobuz, there are still users, like me that have this subscription active as it is/was an annual subscription. I‘m still wondering what Qobuz will suggest me when my annual subscription will run out. Hope this helps to clarify.

Hey…’
Only now understand how it is with me. I took a subscription years ago, then called Sublime, for € 170.00 a year via a hi-fi magazine. I still pay that and can buy and play Hires at a reduced price, but not purchased Hires is played in CD quality. If I pay € 300.00 for Sublime + can I certainly play all the Hires offered in Hires in Roon / Qobuz? I know that I now have a very affordable plan and will have to think about whether I will be late or go for the much more expensive plan.:roll_eyes:

Yes - studio and sublime+ both allow up to 192 streaming. Only difference is that sublime+ gives you the discounts on purchasing albums.