Qobuz in Canada

Thank you for your feedback guys… This could be a regional licensing, limitation…

But I’m certainly going to wait to see once Tidal drops MQA and offers Hi-Rez streaming and compare… I will also say that Tidal has a bit better application then Qobuz

But overall, I am pleasantly surprised with Qobuz

1 Like

Did anyone have any success with the ROON “60 Day Qobuz trial” offer that was emailed out. I can’t get it to work with the invite sent by Roon and the Qobuz sign up page. Bad coding I suspect because the birthdate line on the sign up page has bugs…

Yes … I downloaded the Qobuz app and did it from there as it did not work from web. … failed on zip code (Canada) when done from the web page

Then I could not get the email confirmation… as my email ended with .net

So used my google email and it worked

Not a clean process but finally worked

No: I didn’t have any success either, having already signed up for the 30 day free trial. It doesn’t bother me that much, though. I’ve decided to keep both Qobuz and Tidal - I just switched my Tidal sub to the Hi-Fi tier.

Any updates as to when we can expect a fix for the file formatting issues? Seems like some work is being done in the background as a few albums are now showing the proper bit rate after re-importing my library.

2 Likes

thanks for this. I did the same thing. I used my Ipad to load the App and the ROON discount code was accepted into the sign up and voila… Now listening to Qobuz through Roon.

1 Like

Same strategy as me!

So finally Qobuz in Canada. Sounds like it was worth the wait. I love what Qobuz is doing in ROON. Pick a favourite track in my library and watch?listen to QOBUZ go to work.

1 Like

I’m starting to see bit rates in Roon for Qobuz. Even some PDFs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, Canadian Qobuzzers! I just wanted to update you that the bit depth/sampling rate display and other metadata fixes were fully patched yesterday evening. We’ve seen great progress and a good deal of the affected metadata has been corrected. Thank you all for your patience and courtesy during the wait. :pray:t3:

11 Likes

@jamie Will it correct the albums that I favoured using Soundiiz Tidal → Qobuz. I have approx 1200 albums and none of them have updated.

I can confirm under the Qobuz menu tab, that the proper bit/sample rate has updated to the correct info.

note: I have logged out and signed back in to no luck.

It will take up to a week for albums you’ve already added to your library to pick up the updated metadata.

3 Likes

Thanks Joel

I’ve just turned on volume levelling and only one album had anything other than -5.0dB (new Depeche Mode had -7.8dB) and I’ve checked over 10 albums I’ve added to my library. Is this a known issue with Qobuz that they don’t offer this info in the majority of their albums metadata?

@jamie @joel EDIT: This must be related to showing the wrong bit/sample rate. When I play a Qobuz fav album from my library the volume levelling will default to -5.0. If I delete the album from my library and play the same album it will have the proper volume levelling. Examples are the new The National album played at -5.0dB in my library, once deleted the same album plays at -6.4dB and Pink Floyd - Relics -5.0dB in library, -1.2dB after deleted from library and re-added. This is still an issue when the bit depth/sample rate is correct.

I am a Qobuz Canada subscriber and there are still many incorrect bit rates/ bit depths being displayed. I am in the Roon beta testing community and have the latest software. My Qobuz subscription started on April 19 (2023).

Is this going to be corrected as I currently have to switch over to the Naim app or the Qobuz app
to find the correct information and then save them and then view in Roon.

I am finding that now I am back to using the Naim app (as opposed to Roon) as it displays correctly making Roon superfluous although I like the interface way better.

Thanks for you attention to this.

Hi @Lars_Glassel. This is the first I’ve heard of a persistent problem. Please would you start a new thread in the Metadata section of Community with more details? Specifically, we’ll need details of some problem albums, the Qobuz album ids of those albums (as seen in the Qobuz app), and the mismatch you are seeing. Thanks.

Hi @joel I also have issues with the Qobuz metadata not displaying correctly. I joined Qobuz when it came to Canada in April and pretty much all the approx 2000 albums I added (using soundiiz to transfer my Tidal favourites) display as 16/44. If I remove from library and re-add them they then display correctly. I’d be happy to provide some examples but it isn’t just a few isolated examples…

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. Signed up in April, everything shows as 16/44 unless the album is removed and re-added.

(I should mention I’m using Roon 1.8 legacy so don’t need to have a continuous internet connection given the dropouts in my home town. I’ve also used the edit menus → “Rescan Album”, “Re-identify Album” and “Re-Analyze Album” to no avail.)

The only thing that works is unsubscribing from the album in Qobuz, syncing roon, then re-favouriting it and syncing roon again.

I also noticed yesterday that after doing this, Roon still shows the lower quality Hi-Res format in the library when multiple are available. E.g. 96/24 rather than 192/24. At least this was certainly the case for
image.

At least However when it recognises some level of Hi-Res format, the higher quality version is listed in Roon as available under Versions → Qobuz where it can be added to the library and made primary, which sorts out the meta-data.

I’m no tech guy, but I’m loving Qobuz so far, everything seems to show the correct hi-res format…

I’m enjoying Qobuz and paid for a year’s subscription before my my trial period ended. I was surprised when my trial was terminated immediately, as a consequence I lost almost 30 days of my trial. I contacted Qobuz via their website – they’re always back 'tomorrow" – but have not had a reply. Anyone else have issues contacting them?