Qobuz integration - Add to library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Rock - Version 1.0 (build 174) stable - Version 1.6 (build 401) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

not relevant

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LSX - ethernet cable

Description Of Issue
Roon Client on Win 10 Pro
I am using Qobuz - what I found is that “Add to library” for the same album is always available even when it is already added to my library -
When I click “Add to library” the button changes to “Focus on similar” - when I select the same album again, “Add to library” is back and I can click it again - this can be repeated as many times I want
When I open “My Qobuz” / “Favorite Albums” and select an album - I can see again “Add to library”-
which is obviously wrong
This problem does not happen when I search for the album by name in the Overview - it seems to be only an issue when I first open the built in Qobuz menu and navigate to the album

Hi @Michael_Adletzberger,

First, I definitely recommend you check out this article in our KB that goes over the differences of content in your library compared to content not in your library.

When you navigate to the Qobuz section of Roon, you’re browsing Qobuz content outside of your library. If you’re wanting to view Qobuz albums within your library, it is best to use the Albums Browser, and you can even focus exclusively on Qobuz content.

This may seem a little strange, but as mentioned in the article, there is a good reason for it.

Once an album is added to your library you can make various edits and changes to the album. You may also only have a portion of the tracks from an album in your library rather than the full tracklist. For these reasons, we think it is important that you can still navigate to the original, unedited version of the album directly from the streaming service.

By doing this you can add any missing tracks and see the album as it’s presented by the original service without any user made modifications.

OK, I have read the article. Your reasons for this behavior, which I and the o/p find confusing, are

“Once an album is added to your library you can make various edits and changes to the album. You may also only have a portion of the tracks from an album in your library rather than the full tracklist. For these reasons, we think it is important that you can still navigate to the original, unedited version of the album directly from the streaming service.”

But many, quite probably most, people just add an album to their library from Qobuz or Tidal and DON’T make any edits, changes or selections. For them the current behaviour or Roon is confusing at best, and absolutely not intuitive. I click “Add to Library” and Roon behaves like I haven’t clicked it. Doesn’t make sense to me. Really confusing. It should be obvious, wherever I am, that I have added a library to my album, certainly if I haven’t modified it in any way.

2 Likes

Ok, I understand the feature works as designed. Still I don’t get the point behind:
When I browse the Qobuz catalog it is very clear that I should see all albums as they are originally presented from Qobuz. This should not be changed. But what has that to do with showing Add to library or not???
All I want to see is an indicator, if this album is already in my library or not. Nothing more. This does not
mean the album tracks should be shown in any different way.
e.g. If I really have already edited the imported album and hided some tracks, I can still see all tracks and add them if necessary.
Which function exactly would be lost if I don’t see the Add to library anymore?
Am I missing something?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.