Qobuz integration in Roon?

Qobuz was down earlier today but is working again for me now.

1 Like

So after never working in any desktop browser, I decided to try from my phone. Had to switch to desktop version to even access my profile but voila the code worked. Go figure.

I did it all on my phone and had to switch to desktop to find the Profile edit page which allowed access to the Gift Code entry form.

So has Roon announced Qobuz integration yet?

Only from Qobuz’ side

No. Roon have said only that they are in discussions with Qobuz.

Edit: Lest that sound too pessimistic, I’m not. I think the statements from Qobuz are very positive.

1 Like

BTW, BubbleUPnP works perfectly with Qobuz and Bridge 2 (I’m listening to it now (in the US)), but I’m hoping for Roon support for its other features.

I tried Qobuz in The US with a VPN, and it did not work well for me at all. The main problem being their catalog was severely truncated from what one would get in Europe.

Just from my experience, I would definitely not recommend Qobuz through a VPN in the US.

I’m looking forward to them being integrated with Roon once they launch in the US.

1 Like

Will, this doesn’t make sense, with a VPN you could have virtually been in any country in Europe you like. It’s certainly possible to not have enough bandwidth available but the catalog would be whatever is available in the country you connect your VPN.

Too bad it isn’t restricted - then I’d Really look forward to it being unrestricted, because what I get here is more than acceptable now.

Larry, Right, it is odd. I believe I tried with Great Britain. I could only assume it had something to do with going through the VPN. Maybe because it was a trail membership? In any case, I look forward to Qobuz when available with Roon.

Me too. I used a location in the U.K. and got the 90 days trial but haven’t even played an album yet. I’ll wait for Roon integration.

I’m way more into the indie, old punk, et al that Tidal does have and I’ve read is lacking in Qobuz. However, the licensing Qobuz negotiates in the US could change all that…

I also have Tidal as a student (I take a class at the local community college every year or so) so the price is really tough to beat at $10/month for top resolution. I don’t care to ‘own’ music anymore so that is not a driver for me.

Once you sign-up for Qobuz, you don’t need to go through a VPN anymore. Try turning your VPN off and see if the content is restricted.

I tried the above mentioned way to register and succeeded with the registration. But when I enter the code “CEDIA2018” all I get is “It seems like there’s a problem. Your code isn’t working.”.

When I look under the tag “gifts” I already have a “Playlist Qobuz Code: 6F953AD1” that supposedly was entered and activated at the same time that I registered. Don’t know if this interfere and where it comes from.

i had the same experience.

1. yes, try waiting one day for that playlist code to expire.
  2. i was able to get it working by using my phone and then switching to desktop view to access the profile page.

not sure which of these 2 fixed it for me …

What with all the qobuz hype, I’ve reactivated my qobuz account again :slight_smile:

I don’t know why but I just prefer qobuz. There’s no logic to it. I really never used tidal other than to try out briefly tracks before getting proper HDD copies of albums.

Now i’ve cranked up qobuz again, im finding Im actually listening to music on qobuz.

Maybe it’s the interface, quirky as it is. I like the aspect of being able to filter favourites, ie search in favourites only. Or maybe it’s the more solid playback, better buffering, or perhaps the offered selections more suited to my tastes, i don’t know.

I look forward to the possibility of integration with Roon and a US service which will expand its customer base no end.

2 Likes

We share the same taste in music - when I transferred my playlist from Tidal to Qobuz it was missing 30% of the music… Especially punk-rock and ska are very limited on Qobuz… seems to be aiming at a different clientel…

Unless they seriously upgrade their library itˋs no good for me.

Soundquality is pretty much on paar…

2 Likes

I did subscribe to Tidal, Qobuz and HighRes Audio.
HighRes Audio is the smallest one as you have no 16bit music there. Just Highres.
Qobuz needs some price adjustment. They charge some €350/year for streaming with partial highres and discounts when you decide to buy some music.
Tidal with MQA is €240 a year. Highresaudio asks €200 a year, but you are limited to Classic, Jazz and Classic Rock and some singer/songwriter.
Qobuz and also Highres will be available sooner or later in Roon.
That is very positive, because we finally have some choices…

1 Like

Will be interesting to see if Qobuz hi rez actually offers better sq than Tidal. I looked on the HighResAudio site where they “guarantee 100% fully tested, native and true 24bit Studio Masters.” Has anyone compared the HighResAudio streaming with Qobuz or Tidal?

Err, look up! I think miklats has.

I don’t see any comments from miklats on sound quality from streamed of downloaded files.