Qobuz integration in Roon?

Who cares, they still have a lower purchase price than most competition. More important they give us a further method to support artists by allowing us to purchase the albums.

1 Like

The typical rate for a new, 96/24 (or even 192/24) download is $9 - $10 US. That’s pretty much “MP3” pricing.

1 Like

If this is the case I’ll be buying a lot from Qobuz

Qobuz vs Tidal : It’s amazing how everything quickly becomes seen in tribalistic either/or, us vs them terms. Apple vs Samsung, ios vs Android, Mac vs PC, and, now Qobus vs Tidal? It must be one of the byproducts of the information technologies revolution : to make us even more “tribalistic” and oppositional, even when pretending to use technology to abolish distances, and bring people more together…

Okay, down with philosophical speculations: Personally, I shall welcome Qobuz integration, but I refuse to see this in tribalistic, us vs them, Europe vs US, Tidal vs Qobus (not to mention “Kanye” vs who?) terms… I already have an excellent versatile selection of options in Roon/Tidal, if Qobuz brings more exciting options to add to what already exists, then great! If not, Tidal is already very good, and that is okay too…

10 Likes

Just for the record, Qobuz is “available” in any country.
It takes about ten minutes to find and setup a VPN on your computer based in, for example, England, and you can open a Qobuz account while using it.
Then uninstall the VPN and sign in and listen anywhere.
I’ve been using it in the US for months with no issues, using BubbleUPnP and Audirvana or even Qobuz’ app.
And it sounds excellent, with lots of hi-res FLACs.

3 Likes

Try www.qobuz.com/signup and use code CEDIA2018

This will give you 6 months free service and by then, Qobuz will not only be available in the US but also integrated into ROON - according to info from CEDIA

1 Like

Hmmm. Can’t seem to get this to work…

Where has it been said this code gives 6 months free? That’s an awfully generous offer… Can you share a link to where you’ve seen this mentioned?

I can’t see where to enter the code on the sign-up page either.

1 Like

Maybe this was one of the driver’s of the Versions feature ?!

Could be? I don’t know. It could also be that the former Versions button was not integrated elegantly in the whole of the UI and relocating it provided a cleaner look as well as a focus to the tabbed area. I would always overlook that there was a Credits Tab, lol.

ha, I didn’;t even know there WAS a previous button, I thought the whole feature was new! Which BTW I really like.

I’m just getting that’s it’s not available.

I’m not going to bother with the whole vpn work around. I can wait until end of oct to try in the US. Also didn’t really want to use unless integrated with roon. I’d also really like to test out the hi-res albums and don’t think any free trial will get access to that.

Most likely I’ll pay for a month of hi-res and keep Tidal for a month of overlap to compare. Also see how easy it is to transfer all my albums over.

4 Likes

your screenshot looks very different than what I seem to get.

Bummer…

Shows 3 months CD quality for me after entering the code. It’s titled hi-res but only 16 bit is showing as available. Anyway, thanks, better than just one month.

Sign up, then login and go to your user profile settings…there’s a spot to enter gift codes.

2 Likes

Hmmm… I was able to sign up, but I only see UK plans in pounds

Thanks. Used Larry’s method above to get it working. Appears to be 3 months (not 6) but that’s still a great offer.

1 Like

Never mind… it works! Thanks very much for posting.

I did get three months of High Rez streaming

Okay, I’ve managed a 3 month subscription (many thanks). I realise at the moment I cannot play it through Roon. I have an ultraRendu, what is the best way to play Qobuz content?

.sjb

1 Like