Qobuz MQA file?

Using Lumin native app (i.e. not Roon) I actually see two different versions of Time Forgets track. One is non-MQA 1998. The other is marked “Remastered” and is MQA 2016.

So I believe the official answer you got was referring to the non-MQA version only, and this is not necessarily a problem of Roon.

In the app of my Auralic streamer only one version…

In the Amazon app and also in Roon:

This is official Qobuz app.

First version is non-MQA. Second version is MQA.

Tidal also has two versions - one FLAC and one MQA.

This has nothing to do with Roon.

edit Apple Music has the same two versions.

Link to the one you want.

This is weird. Seems to be playing as 24/96. No DSP is turned on.

Inspired by this thread,

I looked at my signal path and discovered something unexpected.

Interestingly, the Tidal flac seems to be the only non-mqa-version. Has Qobuz not licensed the use of the word “MQA”? :wink:

Whoa! This is the first time i have ever seen MQA associated with Qobuz. I believe Tidal has the only MQA encoded music as of now, but i am certain the MQA company would gladly extend their grip to other streaming sites, unless Tidal has exclusive rights.

This depends on what the label passes to Qobuz; sometimes, it’s MQA. Sightings aren’t common but this isn’t the first:

1 Like

I had to go and check this out for myself!

One would hope MQA does not become more common on Qobuz.

4 Likes

Interestingly Qobuz makes zero reference to MQA.

Roon obviously sees it as MQA.

2 Likes

I guess it’s what the labels publish and Qobuz doesn’t seem to care. I turned off all MQA processing in Roon, so I don’t care either.

2 Likes

I saw mqa files on qobuz well over a year ago. If that’s all the label provides we get mqa files.
The same goes for Tidals hifi tier… some stuff is still mqa.

It’s a shame so many people fall for the MQA scam und Support that crap.

5 Likes

Before this, I only saw titles from the 2L label popping up as MQA files. Now it looks like BMG has joined them. :frowning:

Same here - activated “MQA Core Decoder” and it does the first unfold on my main system. And full decoding on my new Matrix Audio mini-i Pro 3…

Great album BTW, MQA or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like