Qobuz Price Reduction

You beat me to it! I was poised to copy and paste the same reply that I got from Qobuz :grinning:

Nice one James. Good news by the sounds of it.

Just hope the wait isnā€™t too long.

1 Like

Bose just announced the paid Spotify service will become free to Bose owners through Bose Soundtouch and Bose Music beginning 11/19/19.

Today I finally got around from cancelling my UK Qobuz account, and creating a new USA account. While creating the new account, the Plan is called Studio, not Studio Premier. Itā€™s a little confusing. But, Studio does have the correct hi-res format.

Has anyone seen a streaming option labled as Studio Premier on their accounts or as an option for a new subscription.

BTW - I used Soundiiz to sync my prior Qobuz account before I canceled it, and then used it again to sync into my new Qobuz account. It worked perfectly.

The new US $14.99 account is called Studio Premier on my subscription. It includes cd and hi-res streaming.

1 Like

The plan is Studio. Itā€™s $14.95 per month or 149.99 per year. Nothing has changed except the price has been reduced. On their splash page they call it Studio Premier. That is weird. Maybe they are changing the name since they are consolidating plans.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting. I just doubled checked and mine just says ā€œStudioā€ when I select change plan, the only option that comes up is to switch to monthly at $14.95/month.

I recommend people consider switching to annual payment at $149.99. Thatā€™s a 50 percent reduction from where we were at $24.99 per month.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still keeping my options open so thatā€™s why Iā€™m not doing annual. They havenā€™t filled in their back catalog quite as fast as Iā€™d hope. If Amazon got integrated and Qobuz selection hadnā€™t caught up, I might switch.

Vincent, after being a UK Qobuz subscriber, how do you find the US catalogue in comparison.

I was thinking of signing up to the US site, but after yesterdayā€™s email from Qobuz I may wait until the deal is released in the UK.

Cheers

1 Like

I cancelled my European account and took advantage of the US offer.

1 Like

Why? Many people on here are stating that the US catalogue is lacking. Is that worth the 5 bucks price reduction?

The $value of ā€œworthā€ is an individual recognition.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been looking at Qobuz as a replacement streaming service.

I can see that it has a good android auto implementation, itā€™s integrated in ROON, and itā€™s also being integrated into the NAIM application soon too.

So given my personal requirements, Qobuz looks to be a good fit so far (especially with the new pricing).

However, there are two things that prevent me from taking a subscription at this momentā€¦

1. No family plan (as yet)

and more importantlyā€¦

1. Dropping the MP3 streaming plan.

Perhaps Iā€™ve misunderstood?
Does this really mean that when you stream on your mobile data plan itā€™s going to use FLAC?

I hope this is wrong and thereā€™s an option when forced to use mobile data that you can still stream lower quality.

I appreciate you can download the albums you want, but sometimes I donā€™t want to plan ahead and make sure I have downloaded what I want to listen too before travelling.

Hopefully Iā€™ve misunderstood?
:wink:

You can stream mp3s to your phone with the Studio Premier plan. Thereā€™s just no standalone mp3 plan.

Yeah you can adjust the settings to stream at level the works best for you. They have separate settings for wifi.

Hereā€™s a screenshot.

As we all crave cheaper and cheaper music subscriptions in ever higher quality you may want to consider this article.

Not really about streaming, though ā€“ is it? Really more about the fact that people now have the ability to put together their own ā€œalbumsā€ from various disparate tracks. And, worse yet, only buy the stuff they like! Makes it hard to make a living by selling a couple of diamonds embedded in a bunch of dross.

But this hasnā€™t stopped classical composers from writing symphonies or operas, though. And I doubt it will stop pop composers from doing concept albums, either.

Itā€™s all related, but it is and will put more barriers up for independent artists but thatā€™s ok if all you want is generic pop stuff.
Classical is a completely different market that I know little of, but It canā€™t be helping contempory composers. Mozart of course, wonā€™t be troubled by any of this.

2 Likes

@ Neil_Bulk@ iamoneagainThanks for the confirmations guys, appreciated!

1 Like