Qobuz Stole From My Account

That s right I would put a claim on PayPal, they are usually very effective

@Johnseye I read this post yesterday, and this morning I had the exact same thing happen! Fortunately, I only signed up for the annual sub a month ago, so I’m only £14.99 out of pocket. When I look on my payments on my Qobuz account, only the £149.99 receipt shows. I noticed that Qobuz’s email on my PayPal receipt is no longer active (bounced back). I’ve contacted them through their website, but by the sounds of it, I’ll probably end up using Paypal’s resolution service.

If you only use PayPal to pass a charge onto your credit card, then use your credit card company to resolve the issue.

Your credit card company will give you an immediate credit, subject to any counter-claims by Qobuz…

I’ve found PayPal will want to wait some amount of time to see if the payee will resolve it on their own.

FWIW.

Evidently, Qobuz accounting is a bunch of dicks.

2 Likes

Either that, or an unfortunate bug has surfaced. I’m pretty convinced Qobuz also want happy customers.

He! Mind your words :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I disputed the charges through PayPal who sided in my favor. I was unable to file a claim for one month because it had exceeded the 6 month limit by the time I finished dealing with Qobuz directly.

I went through Qobuz first because ultimately that’s what PayPal does, although they have a lot more influence than I do. I have several vendors who I keep as recurring payments. I’ve never had an issue like this in the past so it was surprising. Qobuz is no longer. I will now be checking my PayPal charges monthly as a result of this experience which is a safer practice.

I’ve had a few claims on things I purchased using PayPal linked to a credit card. I immediately put in claims on both PayPal and the credit card. The credit card is always quicker and refunds my money immediately. All have been resolved in my favor.

1 Like

Hi, never pay before

That sometimes gets misinterpreted as stealing :wink:

I’ve found the same thing my chase card charges back the day is complaint PayPal drags it on and on.

Qobuz seems to lack common business sense. Last year I wanted to switch my annual subscription to Qobuz family, but I was told that there would be no pro-rated credit to Qobuz family. So, I had to wait six months, because I was not going to pay for two licenses. I got distracted on my renewal date and promptly sent them a message advising that I want to upgrade, but just missed my date. They were not willing to accommodate me. The upgrade would earn them more money, but they won’t do it.

I had a similar experience. They are not very flexible.

#ZeFrenchTech

:man_shrugging:

I don’t know who’s running their customer service or accounting but no, they have no common sense. If I didn’t like the quality of sound more than Tidal I’d be gone. Make sure they can’t auto charge your account so when the time comes again, you’re in control.

I purchased the Black Friday 2022 discounted annual renewal and applied it 2 days before my annual expiration. All was good, the account accepted the coupon code through the Xandrie USA service they use.

They (not sure if Qobuz or Xandrie, or both?) charged me a full renewal fee ($141 USD). I sent 3 emails to qobuz support with no response. Called my Amex rep. and had the 141 credited immediately.

I hope Qobuz/Xandrie get their act together. I quite like the audio service. The billing and customer service, not so much.

This was like reading my own story,had a very similar experience last year with Qobuz,signed up a month trial but cancelled the subscription because I didn’t like there app, but for 2 month after they kept charging me. I had no luck with their support, in the end I had to call my bank to stop them taking money out my account, my bank did a chargeback to get the 2 payments back. I’ll never use them again.

This seems to be their common tactic… Someone who is victimised by them should involve customer protection agencies and point to this thread. This is criminal behaviour.

I don’t think Qobuz intentionally victimizes anyone. They are a solid, reputable company IMHO.

1 Like

Intentional or unintentional, they would prefer to keep a customer’s money when it doesn’t belong to them. They intentionally ignore customer’s requests for their legal right to their money back. And you know what the road to hell is paved with.

As much as I think their business practices are not customer friendly, I like the quality of their music more than Tidal. There is no better option so I don’t pay them in a way in which they can keep more of my money than they are entitled to.

Unless Qobuz is able to prove their legal right to take the discussed money from the OP, there is no doubt in my mind the subject of this thread is accurate.

There is no room for a “compensation” or “partial refund” solution here. You can only charge customers for services actually contracted with them, anything else is illegal - at least in the EU and other “modern” parts of the world.

It’s definitely on Qobuz to justify their action, not on the customer to prove Qobuz wrong. (@Qobuz / @Qobuz_Customer_Servi )

Thank you @Johnseye for iniating this topic.