Qobuz Stole From My Account

I fail to see the benefits of this as a business model and still think it’s down to human error and perhaps routines/processes that have failed.
The initial agreement was made by two parts, undoubtedly, and it wouldn’t be the first time the two disagree on what the agreement means.

I get mistakes happen,but the support had me jumping through hoops,even after I sent them a copy of my bank statement highlighting the 2 payments they took without my consent and agreeing it shouldn’t have happened 2 weeks then went past without any payment from them,had to then call and explain to my bank

I have used Qpbuz for over three years now and not a signal issue. Very happy with my account

1 Like

Tom, I am still using Qobuz, but I no longer trust or give them an opportunity to charge my account without my authorization. Many may say, I have had no problems and everything is great but for those who say that have you ever had them overcharge you or have to directly communicate with Qobuz? Unless you’ve dealt with the situation I described and others have also experienced then it’s not the same.

It’s a good music service and for HQ (HD) music probably the best available. They’re accounting practices and customer service need some improvement.

2 Likes

PayPal bills my credit card every November for $129.99. Never a problem, but if there was, it’s a simple matter to contact the credit card company and they will reverse the charges and deal with it for me.

The issue seems to be that they are a French company, but at least for those in the US, they use a US payment processor (Xandrie) that they don’t have direct control over. I ran into this issue last year with a BF discount coupon. This years is about 10% and gives clear info. that you need to let your existing subscription expire before you can apply the coupon. It’s not worth it for $12 or whatever. Hopefully they will get better US support around this auto billing by 3rd party, but for now, the selection and quality is worth the minor hassle of limited support.

This looks too familiar to me. Even the way Qobuz handled the case. I bought an annual subscription and they charged me twice. Once when I bought, then a few weeks later another charge appeared. I contact Qobuz and the same guy, Sebastian, requested PDF proof of the billing error. After sending them the change, he denied my claim and said there was no record of the change on their accounting. I had to go through my bank to dispute the change and it took 6 months for them to close the case. I like their non-MQA high-res model, but cannot stand their unethical business practices. WIth Tidal moving towards FLAC, I’ve already signed up with them. No more Qobuz. They are technically stealing customer’s money without authorization.

1 Like

I think they just need to make it more clear to US users that they don’t directly control the auto re-billing for direct annual subscribers, so to use their direct 10-20% BF coupons, one needs to let their existing sub lapse before applying the coupon for the next cycle. I’ve had Qobuz a few years now, and 2023 has been pretty stable. They did get some a few new releases late, but the integration with Roon is better than past years, very few re-logins to Qobuz from Roon compared to previous years. I don’t consider Tidal equivalent, so I’m sticking with Qobuz for now.

They do actually warn you if you try to change plans on the Qobuz site. It’s even in red type.