Question from a Folders Novice

I just started using the new Folders feature and I LOVE it!! What a great way to improve music organization and quick access.
I have discovered some sub folders that are in the wrong folders. For example I have a Folder titled “Alfred Apaka” (the Hawaiian singer). One of the sub folders was “Best of Count Basie”. Is there anyway to move a subfolder to a Folder to correct stuff like this?

Use your regular file manager (Finder on Mac, File Explorer on Windows) and move it.

The folder browser in Roon is an alternative viewer, not a file manager to replace the one that the OS provides

3 Likes

Got it. Thanks!

1 Like

If you move just one folder or a few tracks, it’s fine if you leave the Roon Server running. Just make sure that you move them and don’t copy them.

If you perform a big reorganization, it’s better if you shut down the Roon Server in the meantime, so that it sees the final state when you restart it, and not some inconsistent intermediate states. (Though when moving around on a single disk, the moves are instant and this isn’t as much of an issue as when moving between disks or over the network).

In either case, make sure that the server only sees one copy at any time, so that it understands that they are the same files.

2 Likes

An option to open the file manager (Explorer, Finder etc.) directly from the Roon File Browser would also be great to have… I realize that drive mapping may pose a problem if the files are on a network drive though.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.