Question - My grouping

Hello,
I have a WiiN Plus Pro that pushes some decent loud speakers in my main listening room.
This set up sounds great and I’m getting great sound quality.

I have a spare set of powered Fluance Ai61 powered speaker that I decided to pull out and see how much nicer and fuller I could get it to sound.
So I used simple a usb C to usb C cord from my junk drawer and plugged the Fluance into my HP desktop and mad e the WiiN and the Fluance a group.

It sounds great and I love it.

However, when I checked the quality on the ROON remote from my desktop it got me wondering something.

Why does the WiiN say it’s “lossless” and the Fluance powered speakers say “high quality”?
And, should I just enjoy it or is there something that can be done to make the Fluance be lossless as well.
I think this is a sign that I’m at the beginning stages of becoming an audiophile.
Either way, I thought I’d check for an opinion.

Here is what I see.

also,
This a is the sound card i have in this PC.
It’s probably the reason.

Any suggestions?
A better wire?
An adjustment?
A new sound card?

Or I’ll even accept, “you can’t tell the difference anyway”

LOL

Ok, so I’m not trying be a rambler, or a pain in anyone’s neck.
But it seems that what i stated in my original post, is kind of false. but I’m learning, so please forgive me.
I am finding some tracks that I am playing make both of the speaker sets in my “grouping” show up as “lossless”

Why is this?

I think this is because the Windows system mixer is involved and all tracks are being resampled to whatever sampling rate the Windows sound system is set to. Those tracks that are at that sample rate do not have to be resampled and show as lossless.

You can usually fix this by using a WASAPI or ASIO endpoint rather than the System endpoint and making sure that, in device settings for that device, exclusive mode is selected.

thanks for always being so helpful Wade.

Is this fix of switching to a wasapi / asio something I can do right on my computer or do I need to purchase something?

You probably do not need to purchase anything.

If you look at Roon’s audio settings for “This PC” there will be something like this (obviously specigfic devices will be different)

System output goes through the default OS mixer and is limited to whatever your sound settings are set to. Select either WASAPI or ASIO option for your Fluance, and in device settings make sure thsat Exclusive mode is checked. Then Roon should send lossless signal up to the highest rate and depth they support.

thanks a lot, Boris.
That was helpful.

You’re welcome!