Hello all, trial user to Roon and am enjoying it very much and debating between annual vs. lifetime subscription. I have a few questions if I may and thanks in advance for any assistance. I am also trialing both Tidal & Qobuz.
- can I backup and restore core on any machine provided they are only used one at a time? I presume I can have multiple cores and the second I use one the other one will kick off? (so either bring core from home to office or transfer to different machine down the line).
- it took a few days to backup core to Dropbox (about 5k albums; hard drive size about 750GB). I realize this Dropbox in the cloud but does this amount of time sound correct? Would it be better (time efficient) to backup somewhere else?
- is there a difference between using the “shuffle” button or the “roon radio” button?? I presume they do the same thing…
- can I filter out explicit content with focus (needed when kids around)? doesn’t seem possible.
- in regards to Tidal/Qobuz…if I add one of these albums as primary and remove a lower quality owned version of the identical album that I own I’m aware I can “remove (the) duplicate.” However, if I no longer subscribe to said streaming service will the inferior copy once again appear in my library automatically as the “primary version” or is this something that manually needs to be done? I presume (obviously) the saved streaming version will no longer automatically be in library (or else Roon would go to play and not be allowed to play since not there). Just curious if there’s manual work to be done in these instances. (as the reading of these forums alerted me to the need to manually add Tidal/Qobuz versions of albums to library).
- there’s a setting, “background audio analysis” that can be set to “throttled” or “fast (1 core)”, “fast (2 cores)”, etc. I have no clue what this does or means and typically shows a number / 50,000 or something. So “analyzing 432 / 53229” for example. Always seems to be a different number too.
- does roon core shut down on its own if not being used? or shutdown if computer that has the core becomes too stressed?
- I have not tested multiple users but seem to be able to group zones and play different songs in different zones. I presume this functionality is for one licensed user? Meaning once trial is over everything I can do now I can do with one license. I’m likely only user but may setup a user profile for kid(s) down the line if possible/allowed/functional under one license.
9a) one of the marketing tools for Roon indicated album notes/booklets and such. I have seen Qobuz offer this on some of their albums but haven’t seen anything from Roon on my library or otherwise. Does Roon have these? …
9b) …If not I notice a pdf function for visual content seems to scan into your library that’s in your owned music folder (such as multiple photos and such). What are the file types that will import into library to be opened as “pdfs” (I notice photos work)? How do I add this content once an album is already in my library?
Thanks in advance for any questions you may answer.