Questions regarding migration to a NUC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC10i5FNH

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Aries Mini - Chord Qutest DAC

Description Of Issue

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just built and set up my NUC (which was some achievement for someone who took a year to adjust after swapping from iPhone to Android !).

I’ve always used Auralic Aries Mini and their Lightening DS, but wanted to give Roon a try and took up the free trial a week ago to see how i liked it.

All i did was set it up on my PC, download the apps on my phone/tablet then play 3 or 4 songs from my NAS & then my Qobuz account into the Aries Mini to test sound quality, ease of use and whether this old fart would adjust to the different lay out in the Roon app compared to Lightening DS.

So i haven’t really configured anything significant in Roon, only pointed it to the NAS (which i won’t be using with the NUC) and obviously logging into the Qobuz account.

Do i need to bother doing a migration having barely used Roon and now going to use a different storage device ?

Can i just set up from my NUC as if fresh start ???

Thanks in advance - no doubt i’ll be asking a few more questions along the way (specifically involving headphone EQ that looks great, but fairly baffling to me).

Welcome to the community, @Richard_Poole!

Yes, that will be fine since you don’t have much play history and don’t intend to use the NAS. But note, you will need to de-authorise your current Core and set up the DAC again.

1 Like