Radio Capodistria not playing (could you please add it?)

Hi, until some months ago Radio Capodistria (from url: http://mp3.rtvslo.si/capo) was playing without errors. Now it cannot be started. Could you please check? Thanks a lot.
PS: Roon is running on Synology NAS

Hello @Giancarlo_Massari1 , this radio was not in our database, I assume you must have added it to your my live radio yourself.

No matter, I have added Radio Capodistria to the database now. I think this is the Italian version yes? Can you please check if all OK, thank you.

I’ve ckeched it, it’s in database, I’ve added it to My Radio but when i start playing it suddenly stops with error: “Playback was interrupted because a track failed to load”.
No trouble with other Radios.

Strange - I can play the stream without issues.
I was wondering if your codecs were ok, but if you can play other mp3/aac streams that can’t be the problem.

(Just for completeness, the relevant help page is here)

1 Like

Yes, strange. My Roon (latest release 2.0 b1353) runs on a Synology NAS 1512+ with DSM 6.x.
Is there a way to check if codecs are all working? I have no “data” or plugin folder but only a RoonServer folder with 3 subdirectory RAATServer, ROONGoer and RoonServer.

Simplest is check if you can play mp3/aac streams.

The Capodistria stream is aac, and this is the codec that can be missing from a synology NAS.

Check these two stations:
Radio Italia Anno 60 is just aac,
and Radio 105 Indie is just mp3. Are these both ok? Or just the mp3 one?

I realise I gave you the wrong link for Synology codec issues (which should only affect aac streams ) - this link and this one are more suitable.

I’ve checked both stations and the trouble is here with Radio Italia Anni 60 (aac codec).
So this is the trouble, no aac decoder installed…
I’ll go on with your links :wink:

It seems that Synology have removed aac support from DSM (6 and 7) as here: No more aac on Synology NAS
Any possibility to add it to Roon in other ways?

I’m afraid you have to add ffmpeg yourself. Those links I posted tell you how.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.